Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy sorties and a bug.

AntiPrime

I would've posted this in the bugs section, but the site kept telling me I wasn't signed in when I went to the bugs threads. The bugs thread must be... bugged. XD
I'd like to talk about spy sorties a bit while I'm at it and just say that most of the time playing them, from my experience, has been negative. Adding a game mode into sortie rotation that a single player can fail for the entire party is really unhealthy. Some people are just bad at them. It's frustrating to have the need to solo them to get it done, which I can do no problem, but when other players who aren't as skilled play these with me... it's frustrating more than anything. Why should I have the need to solo these? It's a multiplayer game, why do I have to solo these when they come up? I have done some successfully with parties, but most often one person messes it up for the team. Also, people can easily troll on these and set an alarm off and immediately leave the party screwing everyone. The image below is what happened when I joined a random group and the host left after triggering alarms on a spy room. I was stuck with this overlapping and could not get rid of it. I had to Alt + F4 and close the game. Not just the frustration of partying with people on these, but now this bug that prevents me from playing at all? I shouldn't need to reboot my game because someone couldn't "git gud" at spys. No one should. For now I'll just deal with this as is and solo them or play them with friends who aren't bad. What are your opinions on these dreaded spy sorties? I'd like other players input on this.

89D74D8CD7CB63CC62E0E4B370D104C50390734A

That particular bug is new to me, and I've been getting the bug that disables my input aside from the Esc button.

And I'm all for a new mission type in place of spy. I decided to give it a try with randoms today, and as soon as A was unlocked and I was underway with B, an Ash player triggered the alarm at C and ruined the run. Not everyone needs to be proficient with the mission itself, just lower the penalty as it is in standard spy missions. I cannot tell how many times I've failed a sortie spy mission because someone screws up one vault and failing the run for everyone and promptly going back to solo to finish it on my own.

Edited by SurrealEdge

34 minutes ago, AntiPrime said:

The image below is what happened when I joined a random group and the host left after triggering alarms on a spy room. I was stuck with this overlapping and could not get rid of it. I had to Alt + F4 and close the game.

This is a multiplayer bug, that happens occasionally.  I'd have it once months ago.  You just had the misfortune of it happening on a spy sortie.

As for spies in random pugs, you either accept that you will probably fail or you flat out say STAY THE F*** OUT OF THE VAULTS IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEM at the start of a mission.

Yes, this is a multiplayer game, and in any such environment communication is vital.  So if you cannot do so, there's not much the developers can do for you.

I usually run them in pugs when I'm feeling generous enough to help those who don't know how to do them and try to get it done in public mode.  But there will often be at least one person who thinks they know how and screws up.  

If you go into a public mission, always anticipate two things 1) someone will screw up 2) you may have to carry the mission or do it alone (defense/interceptions).  If you cannot accept those terms, don't do random public missions.  That applies to any mission, be it startchart or sorties.

Other than that, spy missions on sorties are fine, so long as they are not in the sortie list every single day, which it feels like they are sometimes.

Edited by Xekrin

1 minute ago, AntiPrime said:

I tried posting it here https://forums.warframe.com/forum/27-mission/ and it says I'm not logged in, but most other threads like the one you gave me are fine.

I dunno then, I can post there fine, it must be something to do with your account being new.  Its fine, if you post it somewhere else, it can be moved to the appropriate location by a mod.