The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fix the transistor shield

Fallen_Echo

Now, im not gonna list or talk about why is it soo useless theres enough threads about that.

Im gonna post 2 possible ideas what would make this augement a nice addition to the game.

1. The first idea is to turn the augement into this: maxresdefault.jpg

Those who dont know this is reinhardt from overwatch and his sturdy shield what protects his teammates from death.

The fix is "easy":

• Shield size is the same when picked up and when deployed
  • When picked up its duration is stopped but it gets health points
  • The shield hp is equal to the user's (hp+shield)x5 but cannot be lower than 6K hp, with damage reduction based on volts efficiency (10-50%)
  • No weapon usage when held but all powers get +2% electricity damage based on the targets max health

2. The second idea is to upgrade this augements bonus, heres what i think about:

• The shield restrictions stay the same
  • When held 100% of the damage is absorbed and transformed into static discharge
  • Static discharge's cap is raised to 2000
  • Static discharge grants 5% damage bonus equal to the targets max hp
  • Static discharge is shared among all teammates meaning with max charge everybody can use the discharge bonus once they decide to need it
  • The first person who uses up the discharge gains +2K electricity damage to their attack while those who did not used it get the discharged buff
  • Those who got the discharged buff will receive 20% less damage for the next 5 sec

I dunno if you've seen this, but stacked with crit weapons and the innate crit damage from the shield itself, you can rack up a TON of damage, something like 20,000 points on the Soma Prime. Combine that with the fact that you can place down multiple shields that ALL absorb incoming damage, you've got yourself a pretty rad augment.

Edited by (PS4)SpacebarEnter

33 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The shield hp is equal to the user's (hp+shield)x5 but cannot be lower than 6K hp, with damage reduction based on volts efficiency (10-50%)

I have no problem visualizing all your suggestions except this one, at least the shield hp part.  It should be something like duration remaining * 2 + power strength or something.  I suck at maths but the point behind it is to keep an ability using power stats, not working off warframe vitals.

11 hours ago, (PS4)SpacebarEnter said:

I dunno if you've seen this, but stacked with crit weapons and the innate crit damage from the shield itself, you can rack up a TON of damage, something like 20,000 points on the Soma Prime. Combine that with the fact that you can place down multiple shields that ALL absorb incoming damage, you've got yourself a pretty rad augment.

Okay first as i know currently this augment only works if someone pick up the shield meaning that they will get the shield restrictions such as no primary, losing energy, slow movement and still based on duration.

Second the discharge damage is capped at 1000 points so it doesnt matter if you have 3 people holding the shields it will stop at 1k.

11 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I have no problem visualizing all your suggestions except this one, at least the shield hp part.  It should be something like duration remaining * 2 + power strength or something.  I suck at maths but the point behind it is to keep an ability using power stats, not working off warframe vitals.

With max 73 sec duration your formula would give the shield 446hp. I wanted to create an interesting teamplay augment there, where choosing a frame with high health and shield gives more to the team then letting for example limbo to hold it.

6 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

With max 73 sec duration your formula would give the shield 446hp.

You continued reading and took note of me saying I "suck at maths" right, lol?  That 'formula' was by no means real in any logical sense of the word.  The point was to illustrated it should work with power stats.  

While you saw it as giving options to choose a high health/shield frame to make great use of it, I saw it as "you cannot choose your fav frame which doesn't even bother equipping Vitality or volt's augment would be useless."

If it scaled off Volt's stats, it would not matter who picked it up and people wouldn't have to build their frame's vitals around Volt's augment to ensure they got the most out of it.

See the difference?

I wouldn't mind it having different reactions based on which frame picked it up but working off of vitality shouldn't be how that's done. 

Edited by Xekrin

16 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You continued reading and took note of me saying I "suck at maths" right, lol?  That 'formula' was by no means real in any logical sense of the word.  The point was to illustrated it should work with power stats.  

While you saw it as giving options to choose a high health/shield frame to make great use of it, I saw it as "you cannot choose your fav frame which doesn't even bother equipping Vitality or volt's augment would be useless."

If it scaled off Volt's stats, it would not matter who picked it up and people wouldn't have to build their frame's vitals around Volt's augment to ensure they got the most out of it.

See the difference?

I wouldn't mind it having different reactions based on which frame picked it up but working off of vitality shouldn't be how that's done. 

You missed the point where the calculation said shiled hp cant be lower than 6000. This is there to make sure that low ehp frames will get benefit out of it.

At best this shield will have 48400 hp when its equipped with a max vitality Inaros and at lowest its 6000.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Okay first as i know currently this augment only works if someone pick up the shield meaning that they will get the shield restrictions such as no primary, losing energy, slow movement and still based on duration.

Not having used it prior to this, I went ahead and tested it personally before saying this.  No one has to hold the shield for it to absorb and therefore increase the passive damage.  The two statements on the augment are completely seperate, and I kind think the 'other player' part should be below the absorb part to help avoid confusion.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Second the discharge damage is capped at 1000 points so it doesnt matter if you have 3 people holding the shields it will stop at 1k.

1000 damage is applied prior to critical damage, which means its like base damage.  Instead of base x crit multiplier + 1000 damage extra, it is base + 1000 x critical multiplier.  There are are few youtube videos explaining this, so when charged to 1000 cap, the soma prime can effectively shoot through the shield and turn a normal critical (like 500?) into a crit  of 25,000+ damage.

That alongside a constant renewal of the passive damage stores using this augment would help volt with a good crit weapon (or aoe?) deal quite a fair bit of extra damage without all that running about to store up passive damage first.

You're right I missed the minimum cap of 6k health on your concept.   Apologies.
Edited by Xekrin

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Not having used it prior to this, I went ahead and tested it personally before saying this.  No one has to hold the shield for it to absorb and therefore increase the passive damage.  The two statements on the augment are completely seperate, and I kind think the 'other player' part should be below the absorb part to help avoid confusion.

Okay, nevermind what i wrote then. IF the shields just absorb damage and give it to you constantly without the need to pick it up then this is actually a really useful sounding augment especially against the grineer.

The wording of the augment suggested that it only works if someone picks it up.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

I prefer Volt's shield to be duration-based rather than health-based.  This makes it indestructible against all enemies regardless of level.

Please do not change it to health-based.  Thank you.

Health based was only for the first variant for a new augment. Whenever someone would feel the shield will shatter in any sec they can just put it down and it turns back to duration based.