Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Vs Polarity.

Empiren

Going to  make this nice and simple.

Stop gimping us with aura polarities and lack there of(on weapons), so we HAVE to spend forma.

--------

Want proof? check most of the new weapons, check the aura slots, yup.

Heck double V polarities even.

Edited by Empiren

I like the fact that we got more to aim for now. It's not like the auras are necessary to do well. They are just a help. Besides, you can fit in a rifle amp in most the warframes I believe.

Edit: It's also important to remember that most people consider energy siphon the best aura in the game. Not everyone uses it, but most people do/did. You shouldnt just get all the best things in the game handed to you. It's only natural that you have to work for it. And besides, once you do get it, it's better than it was before.

Edited by Zareek

You do realize polarities( aura) are just punishing the player for playing how he wants. Hey you want to equip rifle amp? gimme some forma.

Not to mention almost every new weapon doesn't even have a polarity.

We get forma for free from alerts, or you can farm them quite easily on void. Spam a mobile defense and you'll be rank 30 in a spiffy again. It's part of the gameplay. Ive only forma'd my paris (as for my weapons that is) the rest works just fine without.

We get forma for free from alerts, or you can farm them quite easily on void. Spam a mobile defense and you'll be rank 30 in a spiffy again. It's part of the gameplay. Ive only forma'd my paris (as for my weapons that is) the rest works just fine without.

You are making excuses for forma being available, except its still an obvious ploy for cash in the end.

Its like saying, yeah, you can get a potato, but obviously that isn't the point.

Edited by Empiren

I do not believe that this is a cash grab. Never forget Hanlon's Razor, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

EDIT: This was either poor design or a cash grab, and really I am not sure which is worse. I will assume poor design due to Hanlon's Razor until proven otherwise.

Edited by liavalenth

You do realize polarities( aura) are just punishing the player for playing how he wants. Hey you want to equip rifle amp? gimme some forma.

Not to mention almost every new weapon doesn't even have a polarity.

you do not realize that polarities are just icing on the cake.....like srs....complaining that you dont have forma to spend on your stuff....go to the void, bang out like 30 missions, get forma, simple, there is a reason why forma are so powerful and so hard to get, not because de wants cash, but because it gives you something to work for, if all the guns had polarities on them, polarity slots would be like just another tuesday in the week, youre asking de to spoon feed you content, that you could be playing their game, and earning yourself...good argument....@(*()$ srs...

Going to  make this nice and simple.

Stop gimping us with aura polarities and lack there of(on weapons), so we HAVE to spend forma.

--------

Want proof? check most of the new weapons, check the aura slots, yup.

Heck double V polarities even.

Sounds to me like you can't get over it. Aura's aren't that important. If they REALLY mean something to you, then you can forma it. Most of the time, it's a really tiny buff.

I used to only play with scavengers, and now I don't. I don't see any difference at all. HEll, even with energy siphon I still don't see a difference in when it's on and when it's not.

You guys act like forma is this great wonderful thing that you dont have to spend time with completely releveling whatever you use it on. 

On top of that releveling doesnt give you mastery points.

On top of that you would have to use Forma on almost every single new weapon if you want polarities ( Even Prime weapons that should definitely have a polarity slot.).

On top of that you would have to use forma on most of the frames if you want to use most of the Auras.

That is a lot of uneeded wasted time. That is the reason why I have 13 Forma, I just dont have the time or the motivation to constantly relevel the stuff I want to play with when it simply shouldnt be that way in the first place.

You guys act like forma is this great wonderful thing that you dont have to spend time with completely releveling whatever you use it on. 

On top of that releveling doesnt give you mastery points.

On top of that you would have to use Forma on almost every single new weapon if you want polarities ( Even Prime weapons that should definitely have a polarity slot.).

On top of that you would have to use forma on most of the frames if you want to use most of the Auras.

That is a lot of uneeded wasted time. That is the reason why I have 13 Forma, I just dont have the time or the motivation to constantly relevel the stuff I want to play with when it simply shouldnt be that way in the first place.

+1

Forma is just trying to increase the grind.

Now, i'm all fine with that in a general sense, but when DE just hands out un-polarized weapons or double V warframes constantly? That, is overkill.

I both agree and disagree with this.

What SHOULD happen is all aura slots should be non-polarized to start. This fixes mismatched ideas. Banshee, for example starts with a V, however she is a sniper frame. She already has two attack polarities, but she has no tactical polarities anywhere to begin with in spite of snipers dealing high damage to key enemies or parts of enemies. In other words, tactically applying their high damage.

Or maybe *all* aura slots SHOULD be tactical to start, as an aura buff would be a tactical/strategic choice by default. Sadly there's no Strategic polarity.

'Course doesn't really matter for me. Forma Numbah 5 (2 more are planned, a fourth - and a second D; replaced two =) set my Banshee's aura to - as it should be. But for other frames, it's annoying that I must dedicate 9 mod slots to something that only costs 7 simply because all frames are caster frames no matter what anybody else claims- as what's the difference between how you play Volt, Rhino, and Frost if not for their abilities? All three of them have 150 base shields, and you should not be taking health damage to begin with.

As to Forma being a con job... No, no it's not. S#&$'s already stronk without it. With a Potato, it's super stronk. Forma is an optional extra cherry on top of your sunday.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I both agree and disagree with this.

What SHOULD happen is all aura slots should be non-polarized to start. This fixes mismatched ideas. Banshee, for example starts with a V, however she is a sniper frame. She already has two attack polarities, but she has no tactical polarities anywhere to begin with in spite of snipers dealing high damage to key enemies or parts of enemies. In other words, tactically applying their high damage.

Or maybe *all* aura slots SHOULD be tactical to start, as an aura buff would be a tactical/strategic choice by default. Sadly there's no Strategic polarity.

'Course doesn't really matter for me. Forma Numbah 5 (2 more are planned, a fourth - and a second D; replaced two =) set my Banshee's aura to - as it should be. But for other frames, it's annoying that I must dedicate 9 mod slots to something that only costs 7 simply because all frames are caster frames no matter what anybody else claims- as what's the difference between how you play Volt, Rhino, and Frost if not for their abilities? All three of them have 150 base shields, and you should not be taking health damage to begin with.

As to Forma being a con job... No, no it's not. S#&$'s already stronk without it. With a Potato, it's super stronk. Forma is an optional extra cherry on top of your sunday.

What this guy said. Polarities on Auras are not in a good place right now and should be looked at, but as for Forma being a cash grab or a stupid design decision, no, no they're not. Hey, do you remember what it was like before Forma, yeah, not having any sort of real customization on weapons, having barely any V polarities to go around. How about those people who found certain polarities to be detrimental to their play on their Warframes. Formas are a nice little addition that adds a lot but takes away nothing. If you don't like Forma, don't use it, if you do it's readily available. I don't see a problem anywhere.