Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is crit build? What weapon good for it, for example? (and several question))

Rieaz

Question

1. Like title said, I'm confused about what is crit build. I only know to use +%damage and +multishot.

2. Is there any other build? May you give me example?

3. Somewhere, I read about low status and high status. What is that?

4. I often saw toxin/gas as suggested element against everything. Is this true?

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

A crit build is a mod set chosen to accentuate the innate critical hit characteristics of certain weapons. Grakata is one. Soma is another. You're building for both better critical hit chance, and better critical hit damage multipliers.

Google "warframe crit build" for links to forum posts and the like.

You can self research more via http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by Kihana
Your, You're, whatever.

1: A crit build is a build centered around Point Strike and Vital Sense (for rifles), Blood Rush and Body Count or Drifting Contact (for melee), or Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker (and primed versions, for pistol). It should only be used on weapons with a minimum of 20% critical chance, but it is also somewhat situational.

2:There are 3 basic builds; crit, status, and raw damage, along with a crit/status hybrid build, but that one is more advanced. As stated above, use crit on weapons with 20% or more critical chance. Status builds focus on using the 60%/60% dual stat elemental mods to provide high status chance, and can be use on weapons with 20% or more status, as a general rule. Raw damage is used for anything that doesn't have at least 20% in either crit or status, and is built with 90% elementals. All three builds require the base damage mod (Serration, Hornet Strike, etc.) as well as typically using multishot.

3: Low status is anything below 15-20% status chance. High status is anything 30% and above. High status chance weapons can proc status effects very quickly, and therefore use damage types for their procs, rather than the enemies' weaknesses.

4: Gas can be very effective on high status chance weapons, especially if you can build your status chance up to 100%. However, it only does best when in stealth, and has very poor damage when the status chance is too low. Toxin, on the other hand, is good against most enemies in the game, with or without a high status chance. This said, it does best on high status chance weapons.

Here are some links to help you understand further:

https://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

https://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Critical_Hit

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Toxin_Damage

I hope this helps.:clem:

The basic critical build for pistols is very straightforward:  Hornet Strike, (Primed) Target Cracker, (Primed) Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, 2x element damage and one open space I usually full with Primed Heated Charge.  There are plenty of pistols with 20 percent critical chance or higher this works on.

Rifles are more complicated.  You still want the basic crit, damage, and multishot mods: (Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, and Vital Sense) but there are more options.  If you like to aim and are good at landing headshots, Argon Scope is great if you have one to boost your Crit Chance. Bladed Rounds does the same for Crit Damage.  The problem is that many Rifles also do well with Heavy Caliber to boost damage at the expense of accuracy, and you still need fire rate and punch through, as well as elements to boost your basic damage.  Best look up builds for individual rifles.

The critical build for melee weapons is a little different in that you don't actually boost your crit chance with the mod True Steel.  Instead you use Blood Rush which gives a huge critical bonus that rises with the combo counter.  The more hits you land, the higher your crit chance goes.  With this mod, nearly any weapon can become a critical hit monster if you can swing fast enough.

I've used this build on weapons with a 5 percent base crit chance and it works.  Beserker synergies well by increasing your attack speed for each critical hit.  Score one or two criticals and you're off to the races as fast as you can button mash.  You aren't trying to increase the chance of each individual hit being critical, you are trying to land as many hits as fast as possible knowing that one will crit and set off the combo.

Blood Rush, Beserker, (Primed) Fury, Organ Shatter, Drifting Contact or Body Count, (Primed) Pressure Point, 2x element damage.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

Critical build is mainly focused on critical chance. More than 100% is a needed to truly unlock its potential.

100% with a 2.5x crit damage is 2.5x times the normal damage.

125% with 2.5x means 100% chance of 2.5x dmg and 25% chance of getting red crits which is close to 5x damage.

Formula : Red Crit Multiplier = Crit Level × (Crit Multiplier − 1) + 1

So for 125% critical build you have a chance to deal

2 x (2.5-1) + 1 = 5

So if your base damage is 1000 you will deal 5000 on a red crit.

Crit level is determined by crit chance. 100-200% is level 2.

Example : My 147% critical chance Rakta Cernos can do 49k damage.

Status build is focused on status chance. Usually 100% status is ideal. Anything less then you don't have pure status build. Anymore more is moot.

The base damage for elemental is always there no matter the status. So if you deal 3k radiation it will always be added to the base damage. But with a 100% status you have to guaranteed chance to proc or get the status on the enemy which does damage over time. This time is determined by the status duration.

Hybrid build. Mixes both status and critical chance.

Main ingredient for these builds is the mods. Focus on getting critical chance to beyond 100% and increase the multiplayer. 

Recommended mods 

Point Strike, Vital Sense for rifles or bows. Easy way to see this in effect without any riven mods is to equip both maxed out on a Dread. You will reach 125%

Dread as a critical chance of 50% of a maxed point strike with bring it 150% more 

50% + 150% of 50% = 125%

Vital Sense mod with increase the multiplier. Base multiplier is 2

So maxed out vital sense means it will go to 120%

2 + 120% of 2 = 4.4 multiplier.

So you will have a 100% of a 4.4x the damage 

and 25% chance of doing = 2 x (4.4 -1) + 1 = 8.8 times the base damage.

Edited by Kusungphak

A critical weapon is a weapon with a Crit Chance of 20% or more. Critical hits deal more damage than regular hits, so a weapon with a higher Critical Chance will tend to perform better than it's stats would otherwise indicate.

A Status weapon is a weapon with a Status Chance of 20% or more. Every damage type in the game has a Status Effect associated with it. These can offer debuffs (Puncture, Cold, Viral), CC (Blast, Fire), reduce enemy defenses (Corrosive, Magnetic), or even bypass them entirely (Slash, Toxin, Gas). A weapon with a higher Status Chance is more likely to cause these Status Effects, allowing them to either do more than just deal damage, or to deal their damage more effectively.

The other posts here have excellent information, but it all seems a little more advanced, so I wanted to cover the very basics.