The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone please explain to me the logistics of frost's snow globe?

AugmentedJustice

Question

Frost is my favorite warframe but I think I've been using him wrong this entire time as I've been reading that you can stack it globes and their health or something, somehow, I'm wondering how to stack it, and when the best time to cast a new one is, and if casting it in a certain place matters for example does it need to be cast exactly where the older one is so as to 'overwrite'  the old one etc, I'm very confused. If someone could explain the ins and outs of this and the best strategy for using a snow globe etc, and what mods effects it's health also, other than intensify and dual stat mods.

Thank you.

9 answers to this question

From wiki "Recasting the ability after 4 seconds while remaining inside the Snow Globe will allow to sustain an impenetrable Snow Globe, that will grow stronger and stronger. This is due to the fact that it absorbs the enemy fire into its health and adds this health to the next Globe, as long as it is cast inside the first one."

If you cast Snow Globe while standing inside an existing snow globe, even at the very edge of it, a new globe will form centered on your location with a health pool equal to a fresh snow globe + the health of the snow globe you were standing inside. IIRC, max health is one million hp, but don't quote me on that.

3 minutes ago, Avynire said:

From wiki "Recasting the ability after 4 seconds while remaining inside the Snow Globe will allow to sustain an impenetrable Snow Globe, that will grow stronger and stronger. This is due to the fact that it absorbs the enemy fire into its health and adds this health to the next Globe, as long as it is cast inside the first one."

To be honest I had trouble understanding the wiki so that's why I came here. So to increase the health i am to cast it within that 4 seconds before the invulnerability period ends, how many times may i recast it and does it effect the health? does the globe have to be under fire during this 4 second period to get this health bonus as well? can i break it with freeze and cast a new one, then keep recasting within in that 4 second invulnerability period to add health to it, does that work as well?

2 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

If you cast Snow Globe while standing inside an existing snow globe, even at the very edge of it, a new globe will form centered on your location with a health pool equal to a fresh snow globe + the health of the snow globe you were standing inside. IIRC, max health is one million hp, but don't quote me on that.

Wow really? that's amazing. how would one know though? health is percentage based. so how many times does recasting inside stack, until it reaches 1 mil??

1 hour ago, AugmentedJustice said:

Wow really? that's amazing. how would one know though? health is percentage based. so how many times does recasting inside stack, until it reaches 1 mil??

That's going to depend on your build. The mods you have will alter how much health the Snow Globe has, so it will take different numbers of casts for different builds.

That said, here are some numbers, since I'm bored at work.

No mods: 154 casts.

With Intensify: 119 casts.

With Steel Fiber: 122 casts.

With Intensify and Steel Fiber: 94 casts

With Intensify, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, and Power Drift: 52 casts.

With Steel Fiber and Armored Agility: 114 casts.

With Blind Rage, Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Power Drift, Steel Fiber, and Armored Agility: 38 casts.

The things to take from this are:

1. Power Strength is far more effective at increasing the health of the Snow Globe than Armor is. This is especially useful as it also makes Frost's other powers stronger as well, whereas Armor doesn't affect any other abilities.

2. Getting your Snow Globe to the one million health cap isn't something that you're going to be doing without a lot of Energy regen and some time.

Finally, in the interest of full disclosure, my numbers on Armor may be too generous. I took the bonus from the mod and added 1 (so Steel Fiber used 2.1 instead of 1.1 for it's multiplyer) to account for base armor. If this is wrong (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was), Steel Fiber alone would need 151 casts, and Steel Fiber and Armored Agility would need 137 casts.

Aiming for 1mil hp (or whatever is max) is not feasible. The 4 seconds mentioned in wiki comes from the fact that at the max rank the globe doesn't get damaged during this time but instead absorbs all damage adding it to its health pool. so recasting the globe in the same place exactly after 4s will make it grow stronger... assuming there are enemies shooting it.

If you just recast the globe few times quickly its base health is added so it's usually enough to cast it couple of times at the objective then keep an eye on the counter that will tell you percentage of its max health left. If it gets low or the globe is under heavy fire recast again and you are good.

Also be sure to shot any nullifier in sight as they will pop the globe instantly regardless of its health when its field will touch it.

The last thing is that at higher levels your power strength or armour doesn't matter that much because the globe will gain much more health from enemy fire (during that 4 seconds) than from your bonuses. That allows for some flexibility in builds as you can go for more range with Overextended without too much impact on the globe's lifetime.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Aiming for 1mil hp (or whatever is max) is not feasible. The 4 seconds mentioned in wiki comes from the fact that at the max rank the globe doesn't get damaged during this time but instead absorbs all damage adding it to its health pool. so recasting the globe in the same place exactly after 4s will make it grow stronger... assuming there are enemies shooting it.

If you just recast the globe few times quickly its base health is added so it's usually enough to cast it couple of times at the objective then keep an eye on the counter that will tell you percentage of its max health left. If it gets low or the globe is under heavy fire recast again and you are good.

Also be sure to shot any nullifier in sight as they will pop the globe instantly regardless of its health when its field will touch it.

The last thing is that at higher levels your power strength or armour doesn't matter that much because the globe will gain much more health from enemy fire (during that 4 seconds) than from your bonuses. That allows for some flexibility in builds as you can go for more range with Overextended without too much impact on the globe's lifetime.

So it has to be after the 4 seconds not during, and there have to be enemies shooting it? gotcha. okay thank you all. I have some testing to do. but I understand more now thanks to the info provided by you all. cheers.