Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Info points from missions

lyry19

I'll once again discuss about some stuff that make new players leave the game. (I'm mostly just looking at angry reviews and see the games' flaws)

Somebody said that there is not that much story behind why you're staying 2 hours in survival (even though it's explained at the beginning of the mission) and that gave me an idea.

In every mission where you collect intels from enemies (mobile defense, survival, spy...) we could get info points. when we collect 10 points, we could get a special mission, similar to an alert, and it could make it easier for new players to get some ressources from planets they don't have access to. And, for each special mission you've completed, you get a level 2 info point. When you get 5 of them, you'll have access to a bigger special mission (closer to an event) that are quite challenging like :

- a nightwatch mission

- a mission with a lot of manics (I was thinking of the mutalist alad V event for the rework of tyl regor, but that wouldn't make much sense)  

- the return of corpus credits ships (I don't remember their names) that would give hundreds of thousands of credits (I wanted it to be 1 million credits, but that's a little too big for new players)

And the rewards could be (except for credits ships) special weapons parts, or even orokin catalysts or reactors, that would be awesome for new players, or even a new ship, or you could even put parts of nezha, wukong, zephyr and volt in there.

Then, we could go even deeper and every completed level 2 missions give a level 3 info points. When you have collected 3 points, you have access to a super dooper hard mission, I had multiple ideas, but I don't know which one is better :

- having to fight a lvl 100 special boss alone (a completely new boss, but in the style of semi-bosses like lynx of ven'kra and sprag)

- having to do a mission similar to council challenges, like a mission where all enemies are only ambulas, hyenas or raptors (btw, can we have different colors ambulas ? Plz :3)

- or, having to do a lvl 100 mission alone (a bit like a lvl 3 sortie mission, but alone)

And the rewards could be 3 of the level 2 missions rewards or I don't know, maybe special captura scenes, special skins whatever.

Hope DE sees this, remember your community has awesome ideas :3

But I don't, and you won't even see that topic

5 minutes ago, lyry19 said:

Hope DE sees this, remember your community has awesome ideas :3

Not too humble on your part to label your idea as "awesome". 

But to the point, you don't need a "story" to a repeatable and/or endless mission. Game mechanics and lore/story almost never go hand in hand completely when it comes to online games. 

What you are describing is pretty much the Sorties, except more exploitable. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Not too humble on your part to label your idea as "awesome"

Did you read what I said under it ? X(

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

But to the point, you don't need a "story" to a repeatable and/or endless mission. Game mechanics and lore/story almost never go hand in hand completely when it comes to online games. 

Like I said, it is what people are hating the game on, don't you dream of warframe having a 10/10 on steam reviews ?

1 minute ago, lyry19 said:

Did you read what I said under it ? X(

Like I said, it is what people are hating the game on, don't you dream of warframe having a 10/10 on steam reviews ?

Why would you care about the reviews? How's that affecting you? Also, just because someone complains about something, doesn't mean that it's actually true or even good for the game to have their ideas implemented. 

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Why would you care about the reviews? How's that affecting you? Also, just because someone complains about something, doesn't mean that it's actually true or even good for the game to have their ideas implemented. 

How people base how a game is "good" when they don't know it, is by looking at reviews, and with a 68/100 by metacritic, I believe that a lot of people aren't getting interested with the game.

But, having great player reviews = more players starting playing the game = more money for DE = easier for them to work on warframe, and that's what we want the game to have, if we love DE, but, it is true that warframe would have problems with a bigger community, but who cares, it's all about those sweet american dollars :D or should I say canadian dollars

4 minutes ago, lyry19 said:

How people base how a game is "good" when they don't know it, is by looking at reviews, and with a 68/100 by metacritic, I believe that a lot of people aren't getting interested with the game.

But, having great player reviews = more players starting playing the game = more money for DE = easier for them to work on warframe, and that's what we want the game to have, if we love DE, but, it is true that warframe would have problems with a bigger community, but who cares, it's all about those sweet american dollars :D or should I say canadian dollars

Warframe is already an accomplished game with over 4 years of runtime that it is still growing steadily, being one of the most played online games on steam. DE already listens to their player base a lot, and slowly but surely they are shaping the game to fit both their vision and that of their players. Reviews don't mean much for such a game, and if you base your opinion solely on something that some random stranger on the net likes or dislikes, you gotta rethink your goals. 

Edited by aligatorno

Up to the level 2 things were acceptable, level 3 will be too much programming work and we are already getting special bosses in the kingpin system for clans later down the road.

Also having Reactors and Catalysts as a reward might make them a little too accessible without plat, special weapon parts by which I bet you are refering to Wraith and Vandal are already avaliable in Invasions, Nezha, Wukong, Zephyr and Volt are clan tech and that won't be changing, new landing crafts are basically useless beyond a cosmetic point for the loading screen untill DE fixes the Air Support system.

6 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Up to the level 2 things were acceptable, level 3 will be too much programming work and we are already getting special bosses in the kingpin system for clans later down the road.

Also having Reactors and Catalysts as a reward might make them a little too accessible without plat, special weapon parts by which I bet you are refering to Wraith and Vandal are already avaliable in Invasions, Nezha, Wukong, Zephyr and Volt are clan tech and that won't be changing, new landing crafts are basically useless beyond a cosmetic point for the loading screen untill DE fixes the Air Support system.

I don't know what rewards to give them, but, at my level, I don't even need catalysts and reactors anymore, but, before, it was so hard for me to get some, so I don't know, especially since many bad reviews says that we need so much grind to get to the good stuff, by special weapons, I was thinking of new stuff, by the frames, I was thinking that it's dumb that we get them from dojos, especially with nezha, because now, I'm never doing sorties anymore, I don't feel like they're useful, I don't even want rivens x'(

Edited by lyry19

3 minutes ago, lyry19 said:

I don't know what rewards to give them, but, at my level, I don't even need catalysts and reactors anymore, but, before it was so hard for me to get some, so I don't know, especially since many bad reviews says that we need so much grind to get to the good stuff, by special weapons, I was thinking of new stuff, by the frames, I was thinking that it's dumb that we get them from dojos, especially with nezha, because now, I'm never doing sorties anymore, I don't feel they're useful, I don't even want rivens x'(

It's not that hard to join a clan and keep in mind that this is coming from a guy that prefers to be the lone wolf type in MMOs

Personally I stopped doing sorties because Wraith and Vandals were transfered to Invasions and never really cared about Nezha. But hey, there is always the chance you pinapple, right XD? (or a 3 day booster)

Big bathches of a recource or maybe a guranteed Ayatan Sculpture (rarely sence that's Maroo's job) should be good, hell even some veterans can benefit from that (currently low on Polymer). I was thinking Prisma weapon parts but then that would be one less not so dissapointing category of items for Baro to bring unless there were Prisma weapons exclusive to Baro and exclusive to those alerts.

Actually, the first alert I ever saw became visible after I completed a spy mission (this was over 4 years ago I think) so I kinda understand what you're saying. It would be nice, but like others have said, it isn't needed. The "reason" you're running a mission is because that is what you need to do at that time, either to become more powerful or because the Lotus needs you to.