Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

anyone got a good support volt build for spy, sabotage, and rescue?

zoobmer

Question

I.E. help get all my teammates to the console because I can't do anything else in these mission types.

with the new augment for Volt's shield, I thought this would be a good time to ask this question.

also, casting speed on allies is a huge focus.

12 answers to this question

You don't really need a custom build for these types of missions. At best , you`ll have to choose between a speed build [strenght + duration] to get their quickly and be done with it, or a discharge CC build [range + duration] to lock down areas and cakewalk. 

Also, If you don't want to lag behind your teammates, switch to solo and take your time to learn the missions. Do them multiple times until you learn the pattern, especially in spy vaults where each vault has its own shortcut. Try to find it so you`ll be able to complete them with any frame.

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

You don't really need a custom build for these types of missions. At best , you`ll have to choose between a speed build [strenght + duration] to get their quickly and be done with it, or a discharge CC build [range + duration] to lock down areas and cakewalk. 

Also, If you don't want to lag behind your teammates, switch to solo and take your time to learn the missions. Do them multiple times until you learn the pattern, especially in spy vaults where each vault has its own shortcut. Try to find it so you`ll be able to complete them with any frame.

I'm not trying to do it solo. the whole point is to support allies while they do the missions. I basically want to cast speed on them rather than myself.

Just now, ZBanx said:

I'm not trying to do it solo. the whole point is to support allies while they do the missions. I basically want to cast speed on them rather than myself.

I understand,but you should learn how to do them nonetheless, so you won't have to always relay on someone else all the time. 

If you want to be a buffer, then invest in Strenght + Duration + Range, so you won't have to be really close to them in order to give the buff. 

57 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I understand,but you should learn how to do them nonetheless, so you won't have to always relay on someone else all the time. 

If you want to be a buffer, then invest in Strenght + Duration + Range, so you won't have to be really close to them in order to give the buff. 

can you recommend a build for said buffer?

I tend to just use an all-rounder team support build for pretty much any mission. Sometimes some tweaks here and there for specifics, but I find this helps for both mobile and static type missions, and has good survivability and support abilities.

Spoiler

p0DGN4C.png

Edited by Gelkor

30 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I tend to just use an all-rounder team support build for pretty much any mission. Sometimes some tweaks here and there for specifics, but I find this helps for both mobile and static type missions, and has good survivability and support abilities.

Hide contents

p0DGN4C.png

I played around with your build in Warframe builder, and here are a few changes I thought of making:

• replace primed flow with constitution
  • replace corrosive projection with steel charge
  • replace rush with cunning drift
  • replace capacitance with Transistor Shield
  • replace intensify with transient fortitude
  • decrease forma cost by 1

thoughts?

9 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I played around with your build in Warframe builder, and here are a few changes I thought of making:

thoughts?

just FYI, steel charge is additive to Pressure point, so the total damage increase of using it is actually +21% melee damage.

13 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

thoughts?

Change to suit your needs and feel, I like the speed boost of Rush, for example. I will comment that corrosive projection outshines steel charge on armored enemies once they are level 7 and higher. Given that armor damage reduction is going to impact damage dealt the most, it's the better choice overall.

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

I will comment that corrosive projection outshines steel charge on armored enemies once they are level 7 and higher. Given that armor damage reduction is going to impact damage dealt the most, it's the better choice overall.

okay, but that means an additional forma...

leveling frames after formaing them is quite hard, after all.

15 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

okay, but that means an additional forma...

leveling frames after formaing them is quite hard, after all.

A bit. When you have a decent amount on them, depending on your MR, it gets easier, just slot durability mods and take your best weapons and slaughter.

Transistor shield is interesting. It works when it's stationary, and when allies pick it up, but when you pick it up, it doesn't fuel your passive. I've done some playing with it and while I recognize its potential, for a lot of practical gameplay it's hard to coordinate your allies to take advantage of it.

Capacitance, on the other hand, always works to give you and allies overshields while using discharge to do wide range crowd control.

Shocking Speed is also a pretty great support augment for missions you are going to be spamming speed on you and your allies. Very good cheap CC.

22 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

A bit. When you have a decent amount on them, depending on your MR, it gets easier, just slot durability mods and take your best weapons and slaughter.

Transistor shield is interesting. It works when it's stationary, and when allies pick it up, but when you pick it up, it doesn't fuel your passive. I've done some playing with it and while I recognize its potential, for a lot of practical gameplay it's hard to coordinate your allies to take advantage of it.

Capacitance, on the other hand, always works to give you and allies overshields while using discharge to do wide range crowd control.

Shocking Speed is also a pretty great support augment for missions you are going to be spamming speed on you and your allies. Very good cheap CC.

I doubt I'll even be using my alt when I play volt though. I tailor each of my warframes to different missions, after all.Volt, for me, is just for getting teammates to an objective. I don't actually use all four abilities on any warframe. usually, it's just one or two abilities I use the frame for, and one or two abilities I use contextually, totaling two or three abilities.

36 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I doubt I'll even be using my alt when I play volt though. I tailor each of my warframes to different missions, after all.Volt, for me, is just for getting teammates to an objective. I don't actually use all four abilities on any warframe. usually, it's just one or two abilities I use the frame for, and one or two abilities I use contextually, totaling two or three abilities.

If your primary goal is getting allies around faster and safer, then I'd definitely suggest Shocking Speed over Transistor Shield, which would require them to pick them up, slow them down, and drain their energy. Shocking Speed will instead put a ring around them that stuns anything they run near.

But try them both out, see what fits you and your team's style best.

Edited by Gelkor