Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeled block question. Inconsistent.

Lancars

Question

So when i'm channel blocking i take no damage except i still get status effects like slash and puncture on me. My shields don't seem to take a hit from gaining the proc so its not like the bullet is hitting me but why do i still get the puncture and slash procs?

I did this by having my back to a wall in a long hallway and even in the sim with one unit. If i don't take the hit why do i still get the proc on me? Shouldn't those status effects be blocked too?

9 answers to this question

Different melee types have  different Dmg reduction during Blocking, from Claws (35% Dmg reduction) to Sword & Shield (85%), where Nikana can reach 94% Dmg reduction thanks to specific condition, unfortunately I forgot which, but newer 100%, so there is always a window to Proc and that's the reason, imo, why Status effects are not affected. 

Because this guy 

Spoiler

r8ydxrbjy1xkdgtqo6um_zpscd30fa68.jpeg

said it should be this way. And so it will be. Don't ask for logic when you have an handicapped kid mind-controlling space monsters with weird powers ! XD

Don't worry, status procs aren't going to kill you(except toxic).

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Punch Through? To know more about Your situation will be helpfull.

Status just outright ignores channeled blocking. I remember the days when Limbo would still take status damage from toxin and slash while in the rift.

Same applies to blocking even if it doesn't affect your shields, you are getting hit, you just don't take the damage from getting hit.

1 hour ago, SurrealEdge said:

Status just outright ignores channeled blocking. I remember the days when Limbo would still take status damage from toxin and slash while in the rift.

Same applies to blocking even if it doesn't affect your shields, you are getting hit, you just don't take the damage from getting hit.

Toxin + Slash Proc bypasses shields, Puncture Proc is what I'm looking at.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:19 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Punch Through? To know more about Your situation will be helpfull.

Yea i figured punch through but it feels inconsistent that my shield doesn't take any hit yet i magically have a cut or armor damage

Edited by Lancars

2 hours ago, Lancars said:

Yea i figured punch through but it feels inconsistent that my shield doesn't take any hit yet i magically have a cut or armor damage

Impact, Cold and Magnetic these types of Dmg affect Shields. U have Melee with 85% Dmg reduction (15% to deal Dmg window). I, as enemy use weapon without Dmges listed above (only with Puncture and Slash Dmg) + Punch Through + High Status Chance. I'll go thru 15% window, thanks to Punch Through i penetrate the Shield, no Dmg to deal with him, and thanks to High Status Chance I Proc Puncture and Slash only, because my weapon is able to deal only this types of Dmg/Proc, I guess.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099
Bad math

On 6/21/2017 at 1:57 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Impact, Cold and Magnetic these types of Dmg affect Shields. U have Melee with 85% Dmg reduction (15% to deal Dmg window). I, as enemy use weapon without Dmges listed above (only with Puncture and Slash Dmg) + Punch Through + High Status Chance. I'll go thru 15% window, thanks to Punch Through i penetrate the Shield, no Dmg to deal with him, and thanks to High Status Chance I Proc Puncture and Slash only, because my weapon is able to deal only this types of Dmg/Proc, I guess.

I just think there should be some kind of impact of some sort on the health or shields when i get these procs. Unless the frames are prone to just having wounds open up randomly without the bullet hitting them.