Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash suggestion for bladestorm marking

LAWD

So with regards to making bladestorm better than now. I think Ash should be able to mark multiple enemies at once. With image below:

This is what i have in mind, when you enter marking mode, your reticle gains additional bars to aim at more targets. Sort of like a high-tech bazooka.

This will definiatley increase casting time of the skill, and as well get more marks spread out faster. Marking one by one really is inconvenient . 

(i just edited that picture w/ paint quick)

I wanted to suggest multiple mark idea too, but without new marking mode. i think it will be enougth just to make something like this: When u choose target after pressing 4, each enemy with a radius of 5 meters from primary target will be marked too (i think 5m will be enough). It doesnt require more work, but this small buff, i think, will help ash to be better than he is now

8 minutes ago, Iimon4ik said:

I wanted to suggest multiple mark idea too, but without new marking mode. i think it will be enougth just to make something like this: When u choose target after pressing 4, each enemy with a radius of 5 meters from primary target will be marked too (i think 5m will be enough). It doesnt require more work, but this small buff, i think, will help ash to be better than he is now

might be all he needs

15 minutes ago, Iimon4ik said:

Eh... that's exactly what Old Blade Storm was, only with more radius, and less stupid cost.

Marking mode in general is just not viable no matter what kind of coat you dress it in.

It will NEVER be viable amidst all the AOE nuke frames and weapons.

In your picture, any frame with a proper sonicor will beat you to it. You wont make it beyond 2 stabs when you start BS before the rest of the marked enemies are dead.

8 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Eh... that's exactly what Old Blade Storm was, only with more radius, and less stupid cost.

i know how it looks, but i think marking groups of enemy takes time and is more rasonable, than just chosing 1 target and pressing 4, i like the idea of rework, but in my opinion it's not finished

On 6/21/2017 at 11:15 AM, (PS4)vrykolacas82 said:

Marking mode in general is just not viable no matter what kind of coat you dress it in.

In your picture, any frame with a proper sonicor will beat you to it. You wont make it beyond 2 stabs when you start BS before the rest of the marked enemies are dead.

The whole point of nuking frames is to work for the nuke. just like Equinox. Having to mark means having to work for the nuke. The multi-mark feature is splendid for players who like to play fast paced as well. Plus n that picture you've set, i can just press 4 mark enemies with this feature faster and just press 4 again. I think its the same timing as shooting a launcher or whatever. Plus it's finisher damage+

On 6/23/2017 at 11:49 AM, LAWD said:

The whole point of nuking frames is to work for the nuke. just like Equinox. Having to mark means having to work for the nuke. The multi-mark feature is splendid for players who like to play fast paced as well. Plus n that picture you've set, i can just press 4 mark enemies with this feature faster and just press 4 again. I think its the same timing as shooting a launcher or whatever. Plus it's finisher damage+

Having to mark I'm mostly fine with, because TBH the zero effort kills of some frame's CCs is pretty silly. The energy cost needs to be reduced AND we need to be able to hit 4 a fourth time to skip the animation and just have the enemies be dead. It's not a remotely good design to sit there and have to watch every single kill when no other frame has to deal with that.

On 06/21/2017 at 4:15 AM, (PS4)vrykolacas82 said:

Well, it depends on how you play. With a character like Ash, stay away from your group just enough to have some enemies of your own. It isn't viable in all modes, but what really is? Turnkey gets boring. It's like having 2 Novas in the same game, its fine unless they are too close together, then one gets all the kills. You cam be spread out and still stay within the experience bubble.