Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atterax Build

(PSN)sklutz1337

Question

7 answers to this question

No Drifting Contact? That's a weird request. It's really easy to obtain and practically essential in any Status-heavy melee build.

I'd consider the Atterax Essentials to be:

1. (Primed) Pressure Point
  2. (Primed) Reach
  3. Berserker / Primed Fury
  4. Blood Rush
  5. Organ Shatter
  6. True Steel or Maiming Strike (although MS is much stronger than TS at the moment due to Blood Rush unintentionally scaling from the +90% bonus)

For each of the remaining two slots, I'd recommend one of the following:

7. Body Count / Drifting Contact / Relentless Combination (friggin' mandatory if you use Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds)
       8. Weeping Wounds (vs. armor) / Virulent Scourge (vs. everything else)

Edited by SortaRandom
Correction: MaimStrike + BloodRush interaction appears to be intentional.

4 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

at the moment due to Blood Rush unintentionally scaling from the +90% bonus

"at the moment". "unintentionally".

I would like some source on that info, as Maiming behaves this way since its implementation which was more than a year ago.

Addressing the OP - you don't really need Relentless Combination with Atterax, as it usually starts destroying everything on x1.5 combo multiplier. Upgrading Pressure Points and Reach to their Primed versions is a good idea - especially for Primed Reach. Maiming Strike is the strongest mod you can possibly fit in your build but you're unlikely to have it.

I would suggest going for Corrosive instead of Gas and swapping off Relentless. True Steel is a good candidate for swapping too. You should implement Berserker in your build and consider pairing it with Fury/Primed Fury. Regular Fury is about the same level as True Steel while Primed Fury is strictly stronger (unless you can't attack at your maximum speed).

If you're aiming at sortie content and higher, consider trying out Condition Overload in your build. It would be pretty pointless at lower levels but on higher ones, it provides incredible damage boost. You might want to try out Blast or Viral as your dual-stat combo with it.

If you want some Radial Blind synergy for the sake of synergy, you might go with status-oriented Slash build.
You don't really need Slash damage mods to do this - you can just use Weeping Wounds and Condition Overload instead of your dual-stats. If you decide to do this, I suggest keeping Relentless as you'll have quite a bit of spool-up time before the build starts to hurt (however, it will have a lot of damage bypassing armor and shields, so it'll be usable on higher levels) and swapping True Steel for Berserker. However, if you get Maiming - swap Relentless for it. Getting Drifting Contact instead of Body Count is highly recommended here.

11 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

No Drifting Contact? That's a weird request. It's really easy to obtain and practically essential in any Status-heavy melee build.

I'd consider the Atterax Essentials to be:

1. (Primed) Pressure Point
  2. (Primed) Reach
  3. Berserker / Primed Fury
  4. Blood Rush
  5. Organ Shatter
  6. True Steel or Maiming Strike (although MS is much stronger than TS at the moment due to Blood Rush unintentionally scaling from the +90% bonus)

For each of the remaining two slots, I'd recommend one of the following:

7. Body Count / Drifting Contact / Relentless Combination (friggin' mandatory if you use Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds)
       8. Weeping Wounds (vs. armor) / Virulent Scourge (vs. everything else)

I was in another thread the other day and somebody mentioned that MS scalling from BR was always intentional. I tried to find something on patch notes but I couldnt. Is there any official source?

7 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

"at the moment". "unintentionally".

I would like some source on that info, as Maiming behaves this way since its implementation which was more than a year ago.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I was in another thread the other day and somebody mentioned that MS scalling from BR was always intentional. I tried to find something on patch notes but I couldnt. Is there any official source?

I think this was addressed in a hotfix a couple months after Shadow Debt mods were released. I vaguely remember there being a bit of "rip maiming strike" and all that in the comments.

I tried searching "maiming strike" in the PC Updates forum, but wasn't able to get more than 19 results per search. I can't tell if the search engine is borked, or if Maiming Strike has literally had only been mentioned 19 times in the entire history of the PC Updates forum-- in which case I would be completely and embarrassingly wrong about the MS+BR interaction, including the existence of a "fix".

EDIT:

I said screw it and decided to search manually. I CTRL+F'd "maim" in every PC update and hotfix since 18.4.1 (Shadow Debt). I didn't bother opening up anything in spoilers, but I don't think anything would have appeared inside those anyways.

The results: No mentions of Maiming Strike anywhere. (Aside from that one fix where you no longer have to have Crouch held for MS to apply.)

Now I feel like a misinformation-spreading dingus. Time to go edit some posts.

Edited by SortaRandom

15 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I think this was addressed in a hotfix a couple months after Shadow Debt mods were released. I vaguely remember there being a bit of "rip maiming strike" and all that in the comments.

I tried searching "maiming strike" in the PC Updates forum, but wasn't able to get more than 19 results per search. I can't tell if the search engine is borked, or if Maiming Strike has literally had only been mentioned 19 times in the entire history of the PC Updates forum-- in which case I would be completely and embarrassingly wrong about the MS+BR interaction, including the existence of a "fix".

EDIT:

I said screw it and decided to search manually. I CTRL+F'd "maim" in every PC update and hotfix since 18.4.1 (Shadow Debt). I didn't bother opening up anything in spoilers, but I don't think anything would have appeared inside those anyways.

The results: No mentions of Maiming Strike anywhere. (Aside from that one fix where you no longer have to have Crouch held for MS to apply.)

Now I feel like a misinformation-spreading dingus. Time to go edit some posts.

Yeah I actually always mentioned that in a lot of posts till that last one.