Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to lessen the grind while being fair to the players

booty_hunter

When ever a new PA is released or unvaulted, have them come on a Baro rotation where he, for a limited time, has the required relics on sale for ducats. Also, on rotations where a PA isnt released/unvaulted he could have the relics for a random active PA on sale.

I don't understand how this "lessens" the grind considering you'd have to farm for Ducats out the wazoo to be able to afford enough of the relics you'll need to eventually get whatever part it is you are seeking.  While it would allow players to pick a specific relic, it would still require grinding to farm the initial ducats.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you wrote, though.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

I don't understand how this "lessens" the grind considering you'd have to farm for Ducats out the wazoo to be able to afford enough of the relics you'll need to eventually get whatever part it is you are seeking.  While it would allow players to pick a specific relic, it would still require grinding to farm the initial ducats.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you wrote, though.

I think the idea here is that you can use your current relics to gain new relics instead of having to farm for the new relics directly. Also, relic runs that don't give you what you need would allow you to buy more relics so you can try again.

Personally, I don't see much difference between the two, so I wouldn't care either way.

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I think the idea here is that you can use your current relics to gain new relics instead of having to farm for the new relics directly.

But, like I said, I don't see how that lessens the grind.  Effectively you are still running two missions, one for the ducat farm the second to open the relic, as compared to the two we are running now, one to find the relic another to open it.  

Those are, effectively, the same to me with the only difference being that in the case of the first DE would most likely make the Ducat cost something around 200, meaning you'd be opening several relics to afford to buy one more back solely to ensure you get to choose the relic you end up with.

12 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

But, like I said, I don't see how that lessens the grind.  Effectively you are still running two missions, one for the ducat farm the second to open the relic, as compared to the two we are running now, one to find the relic another to open it.  

Those are, effectively, the same to me with the only difference being that in the case of the first DE would most likely make the Ducat cost something around 200, meaning you'd be opening several relics to afford to buy one more back solely to ensure you get to choose the relic you end up with.

12 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

relic runs that don't give you what you need would allow you to buy more relics so you can try again.

Just now, booty_hunter said:

relic runs that don't give you what you need would allow you to buy more relics so you can try again.

You are assuming that every relic is going to give you enough to afford to purchase one of the Baro relics.  That isn't how the system works, though, as I can come out of 40 wave endless missions with nothing but basic rewards totaling 120 ducats.

Again, your suggestion doesn't "lessen" any grinding being done and, in fact, increases it.  While the current system is based around RNG, it is far easier to go to C reward and restart a mission than it would be to farm Ducats to purchase a large number of relics needed to farm a part.