Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox maim playstyle and weapons help

k05h

Question

I was always a bit afraid of playing Equinox because I seemed to forget her abilities half way through every mission. I decided to give her another try and focused on maim for the moment. I used a high efficiency and even higher range build. For survivability I just used vitality and constitution.

I did quite well in solo ODS but could not find a matching weapon. I used a gas Ignis but I have the feeling there could be better synergies. What kind of primary do you guys normally use on maim Equinox? What element do you put on it?

And how do you play her when playing maim? More melee style or do you keep enemies far away from you?

Do you advise for other survivabilty mods other thatn vitality and constitution?

2 answers to this question

When you use maim, 75% of enemy shields/hp is stored as damage. When there's no damage reductions to handle, you'll just kill two enemies and then detonate to instakill everything in 45m radius.

There aren't any special synergies, but obviously you don't need aoe weapons and the fastest weapon to kill a couple of enemies is the best.

If you're only planning on using Maim, you don't need anything but Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Stretch, Overextended and Cunning Drift to maximize the detonating. You'll always have 4 mod slots for whatever you want to use.

If you're planning on killing very high level enemies, you can always just use a dagger with Covert Lethality and combo it with Maim. If the enemy doesn't have damage reduction through armor or something else, you can always sleep with night mode #2, change to day mode, cast maim, use finisher on two enemies and instakill all enemies in 45m range, whatever level they are.

I personally keep enemies further away. I bring either a Lanka or Vulkar Wraith, or the Dread/Rakta Cernos. My personal favorite is the Rakta Cernos for the energy regen from blight. In addition, I bring the Euphona Prime, and Either the Ack & Brunt or the Lesion. Due to the slash procs going off on all these enemies, it makes the damage buff pop up constantly when the lesion procs a status of any kind. Condition overload helps that. I don't run constitution on my maim build, I just go for efficiency and power strength so I don't have to worry as much about energy consumption, and if need be, pop over into maim without too much of a loss.