Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The vault system violates consumer trust and is bad for community growth.

Makogan

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

It doesn't do that at all.  All it shows is that you ranked up a lot of gear.  There ate just too many with high MR that really haven't played as much of the game as you may be thinking.  Draco was a thing that heavily contributed to this.  

Exactly, there are many high ranked players who aren't very experienced.

1 minute ago, Archeyef said:

Not really. It's incredibly easy to inflate that number and give an inaccurate representation of a player's experience, if that is the metric you're going to use. All you have to do is take a weapon or frame to an affinity farming node and have your party permission set to public. You don't even have to use the weapon or any of the frame's powers. You haven't experienced anything, but you've got the number that says you have.

You do understand what I mean though,  yes it's not an accurate indicator, but it's an indicator nonetheless, it looks nice... 

5 minutes ago, Makogan said:

The plat that I also need to farm to get more warframe slots, and weapon slots, and in terms of practicality potatoes, because the potato alerts are quite rare. I hate this compensation. "You can always farm for plat", yes, but there is already a lot of gameplay content that is plat locked without the need to add more. 

A big part of this game is about farming platinum and trading. Even by playing Void Fissures and opening relics you are farming plat, because sometimes you will get that super rare part that you already own and that you can sell to other players (or to greedy Baro). Opening relics will not guarantee you to get the part you are looking for, so yes, you will need sometimes to trade to get the part you want, and in case you want to obtain all the parts by yourself, by the time you get them all you will have plenty of repeated stuff to sell unless you are very very lucky.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)madarasenju3 said:

Well, Potatoes do add a powerful boost, but u can stlll easily overpower enemies without them.

That is only true to a point, you do need to potato your gear for the hardest things

This is not an insult, it's a counter argument, it's a universal claim I don't mean it specifically about you. Your mind is an inaccurate indicator, in fact it's very inaccurate, you cannot tell me the temperature in the room right now, nor the exact level of luminity, nor the time of the day (without looking at a clock) yet it has kept you alive until today, this has nothign to do with the game, but I wanted to point out that your argument is false.

4 minutes ago, Makogan said:

That is only true to a point, you do need to potato your gear for the hardest things

This is not always the case.  I have the Rakta Dark Dagger.  I don't have to potato it at all or even have it full of mods for it.  It can still kill max level enemies in one shot.  

I think that the game and the players have changed way more than you expected during your absence.  heck, this very recent update 21 just changed the game again multiple ways that's gonna be changing our tactics.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

8 minutes ago, Makogan said:

I mean I am not sure how else to put it, it's a number that indicates how you've played and the amount of content you have seen, it directly correlates to you level of experience with the game :p

No it really doesn't correlate to level of experience with the game. It's a "good" way to quickly filter out people you want for raids and such, but that is simply because it's easy. I don't know if you experienced Draco before you quit, but you could level 1 frame, 4 weapons and a sentinel from level 0 to max in under 15 minutes. It only correlates on how much time you've spent leveling weapon and not even and good indicator for that.
I know personal references are bad arguments, but I want to tell it anyway xD. I have a friend that has played longer then I have and is quite experienced (not as much as me though) and is only MR. 18. He is way, way more experienced then some (maybe a lot? I dunno) MR. 23.
The petty arguments from you seems to keep coming.

2 minutes ago, Makogan said:

We are going on a tangent, I am ok with playing money as well as grinding, and investing time, but I want to be able to chose when and how to do it, and it certainly doesn't make me happy that because I couldn't play I can no longer grind for the things that I want. Moreover, you all keep saying farm plat and buy, but no one has addressed the issue that relic inventories will drop as time goes on.

Because that is the main issue, farm for plat and your problem is solved, even the problem of when to do it, not how to do it though but I fail to see how that is relevant? You can farm for other relics, get primes, sell that prime, rinse and repeat until you get enough plat to buy the frames you want.
I don't understand your issue with relic inventory, I looked over thread but couldn't find any (might've been I just sucked though). But I don't think it can effect the "spend time to farm for plat" solution.

And just a small personal request, if you could multiquote, that would be awesome :heart:. When there's so many posts, small posts, from the same player it becomes painful to read through thread. But that is just a personal request though = )

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

Just imagine the relic drop tables if every relic would be available for farming. Chances to get the needed relic with new stuff would go deep down.

If the vault had a logical rotation (e.g a subsection of the vault is available at any given time and it rotates based on a public schedule) this would be a non-issue, but it would have to rotate fairly quickly, something like old equipment changing on a monthly or bi monthly basis

1 minute ago, Makogan said:

If the vault had a logical rotation (e.g a subsection of the vault is available at any given time and it rotates based on a public schedule) this would be a non-issue, but it would have to rotate fairly quickly, something like old equipment changing on a monthly or bi monthly basis

Sounds reasonable. But what would happen to the retired prime accessories?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

No it really doesn't correlate to level of experience with the game. It's a "good" way to quickly filter out people you want for raids and such, but that is simply because it's easy. I don't know if you experienced Draco before you quit, but you could level 1 frame, 4 weapons and a sentinel from level 0 to max in under 15 minutes. It only correlates on how much time you've spent leveling weapon and not even and good indicator for that.
I know personal references are bad arguments, but I want to tell it anyway xD. I have a friend that has played longer then I have and is quite experienced (not as much as me though) and is only MR. 18. He is way, way more experienced then some (maybe a lot? I dunno) MR. 23.
The petty arguments from you seems to keep coming.

Because that is the main issue, farm for plat and your problem is solved, even the problem of when to do it, not how to do it though but I fail to see how that is relevant? You can farm for other relics, get primes, sell that prime, rinse and repeat until you get enough plat to buy the frames you want.
I don't understand your issue with relic inventory, I looked over thread but couldn't find any (might've been I just sucked though). But I don't think it can effect the "spend time to farm for plat" solution.

And just a small personal request, if you could multiquote, that would be awesome :heart:. When there's so many posts, small posts, from the same player it becomes painful to read through thread. But that is just a personal request though = )

I'll try to multi quote, getting used to the site's gimmicks.

If and since the relics stop dropping, both the relics and the parts will drop down in availability over time, thus increasing their prices and making them harder to get as time goes on unless there is a way to inject new ones over time, such as a regular un vault period (not one month every half a year but rather a permanent 1 month rotation so that old gear is always available for farming on a 6 month or at least 1 year basis.

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Sounds reasonable. But what would happen to the retired prime accessories?

Those are cosmetic items no? As I said, I don't really care about those, but if the goal is to make them accessible, maybe have seasonal events, like every 4 months have a 2 week event were they could be gotten? If they were always accessible through plat only, then make this seasonal events have like a forth of all the cosmetics available and sell them by bundles, including a super deluxe "get all of them for a limited time" bundle (containing only those available during the season) that would be ridiculously expensive?

19 minutes ago, Makogan said:

This is not an insult, it's a counter argument, it's a universal claim I don't mean it specifically about you. Your mind is an inaccurate indicator, in fact it's very inaccurate, you cannot tell me the temperature in the room right now, nor the exact level of luminity, nor the time of the day (without looking at a clock) yet it has kept you alive until today, this has nothign to do with the game, but I wanted to point out that your argument is false.

My mind is not designed to do any of those things, and I don't use it to do those things. I use tools designed to tell me those things, to tell me those things. If I am using a tool to tell me something, I use it to tell me what it's designed to tell me. I do not use a thermometer to tell me what time of day it is. Likewise, I do not use a player's MR to tell me a player's ability to play the game, or to tell me their knowledge of the game. I use it to tell me, roughly, what portion of rankable items in the game they have ranked. That is all it is good for in terms of information you can gain about a player from it. You can't gain the information you were attempting to say you could from a player's MR.

2 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

My mind is not designed to do any of those things, and I don't use it to do those things. I use tools designed to tell me those things, to tell me those things. If I am using a tool to tell me something, I use it to tell me what it's designed to tell me. I do not use a thermometer to tell me what time of day it is. Likewise, I do not use a player's MR to tell me a player's ability to play the game, or to tell me their knowledge of the game. I use it to tell me, roughly, what portion of rankable items in the game they have ranked. That is all it is good for in terms of information you can gain about a player from it. You can't gain the information you were attempting to say you could from a player's MR.

You do use it for thos things, and humanity has done so for millenia, the argument was a survival/evolution argument, not a, how much do you use this abilities on an everyday basis argument.

56 minutes ago, Makogan said:

I'll try to multi quote, getting used to the site's gimmicks.

If and since the relics stop dropping, both the relics and the parts will drop down in availability over time, thus increasing their prices and making them harder to get as time goes on unless there is a way to inject new ones over time, such as a regular un vault period (not one month every half a year but rather a permanent 1 month rotation so that old gear is always available for farming on a 6 month or at least 1 year basis.

Thank you = ). There's a plus next to Quote, if you press that the quote will get stored and you can quote as many you want in one post (can even switch pages and the quotes will stay)

Well, yes and no. But it's not a matter of how rare they are, it's a matter of what's attractive on the market. Ember is probably the most expensive prime and she hasn't been vaulted the longest. She is about 4-5 times more expensive then Mag (way harder to sell Mag then Ember) and she was vaulted before her. The relics will drop in availability, yes, but they will not go away. They will always come back for people to farm during a specific time, meaning the market will differ during a time period. But this "just" means you will have to farm more for plat, not that it in any way goes away.