The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Toaster 32bit PC can no longer play

Xekrin

Harrow Update has led it to be pretty much impossible to play.  I've only successfully entered an earth mission once.  I tried 5 more times (as Harrow) to get onto earth (first spy, then capture).

I played twice in the void, first time I crashed (after using Knell, which bugged), second time it just crashed (again as Harrow).

All above were Solo Mode Attempts, I have WAR numbers if needed.

Tried 3 times to play a public game of Sortie 1 mission, crashed the first time whilst loading, other 2 times were in the middle of the mission while activating an ability (as Loki).

Gave up on saving WAR numbers at this point, they're in your logs somewheres.

Ah well.  It was fun while it lasted, I hope to upgrade to windows 7 someday soon.

10 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Harrow Update has led it to be pretty much impossible to play.  I've only successfully entered an earth mission once.  I tried 5 more times (as Harrow) to get onto earth (first spy, then capture).

I played twice in the void, first time I crashed (after using Knell, which bugged), second time it just crashed (again as Harrow).

All above were Solo Mode Attempts, I have WAR numbers if needed.

Tried 3 times to play a public game of Sortie 1 mission, crashed the first time whilst loading, other 2 times were in the middle of the mission while activating an ability (as Loki).

Gave up on saving WAR numbers at this point, they're in your logs somewheres.

Ah well.  It was fun while it lasted, I hope to upgrade to windows 7 someday soon.

I have window 7, but i have the same problems... so i really don't know what to do... i can't play after this update...

4 minutes ago, ManuMetalhead said:

I have window 7, but i have the same problems... so i really don't know what to do... i can't play after this update...

I just assumed it was the fact that I was still using 32bit vista that was going to slow me down.  If its affecting 64bit win7 users too perhaps its something they can actually fix.

Here are a few WAR # 's from various crashes (not the ones detailed above, but more, after the hotfix went out last night (for knell).

WAR-1323416 
WAR-1323424
WAR-1323468
WAR-1323532

Edited by Xekrin

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

I just assumed it was the fact that I was still using 32bit vista that was going to slow me down.  If its affecting 64bit win7 users too perhaps its something they can actually fix.

My windows 7 is 32bit. But i played good all the game until this update... so i don't know if its my pc problem, or if they can fix something, i have a potato pc, but i don't know if they maybe have improove the game systems requirements with this update... i tried to search about this fact, but i have not found nothing about the system requirements improove... so I'm hoping they can fix this problems...

40 minutes ago, ManuMetalhead said:

I'm hoping they can fix this problem

Two questions

1) Do you have vertical sync turned on or off (is your max framerate unlimited or preset?)

2) do you what framerate you normal reach while playing (before the harrow update)

I ask because I just noticed my frame rate was trying really really hard to reach 60 fps while before the harrow update it capped out at 30 in missions.

Before the update I had vertical sync on (which made frame rate unlimited).

I turned vertical sync off and changed max framerate to 30 and was able to play on earth successfully twice.

Although I still crashed upon using the Harrow Secondary Knell, so I think it still has problems (with 32bit)

Edited by Xekrin

4 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Two questions

1) Do you have vertical sync turned on or off (is your max framerate unlimited or preset?)

2) do you what framerate you normal reach while playing (before the harrow update)

I ask because I just noticed my frame rate was trying really really hard to reach 60 fps while before the harrow update it capped out at 30 in missions.

Before the update I had vertical sync on (which made frame rate unlimited).

I turned vertical sync off and changed max framerate to 30 and was able to play on earth successfully twice.

Although I still crashed upon using the Harrow Secondary Knell, so I think it still has problems (with 32bit)

The vertical sync is turned off, and the frame rate is unlimited.
For the frame rates, i'm alway about 50-60 fps in the Liset, and 25-30 fps in missions.
These setting was before and after the update, but the problem was born after the update....
I tryed 2 mins ago to go in a relay, and stil crashed the game...

26 minutes ago, ManuMetalhead said:

The vertical sync is turned off, and the frame rate is unlimited.

Change the unlimited to 30 so it does not try to go beyond that.  This and making sure all my settings were turned off or on low has enabled me to play decently thus far.  At least for the past couple missions after the latest hotfix.

Earth is unplayable for me after the update, due to the vegetation my FPS drop a lot, and when enemies show up they drop as low as 6. I run Windows 7 64 bit, this didn't happen before. I really hope they fix this, and on the bright side, at least  this problem is with Earth and not with a more important planet like Pluto, Uranus, Sedna, Eris, etc.

At least you guys can still get in the game. Myself on the other hand, prior to the update can reach unstable from 20-60 FPS on 800x600 resolution with almost everything turn off. Now, IT CAN'T EVEN RUN anymore after I log in, either the screen froze while you can still move, or BLUESCREEN. So am I suppose to just give up now?

20 minutes ago, WaiFoong98 said:

At least you guys can still get in the game. Myself on the other hand, prior to the update can reach unstable from 20-60 FPS on 800x600 resolution with almost everything turn off. Now, IT CAN'T EVEN RUN anymore after I log in, either the screen froze while you can still move, or BLUESCREEN. So am I suppose to just give up now?

i really don't know man.... i tried this morning to relog and do something but the problem is still there.... no realy, no missions.... and its useless to log in the game to stay only in the Liset.... Like Ordis says: "operator, are you enjoy the view? "

Game is absolutely unplayable.

Win7 32bit, 4gb ram, geforce 550ti.

Everything was fine prior to the harrow update, now it crashes every time I try to load in a relay (rip Baro items, gg DE), can't play with other people cause it always say I lost connection to the host, random screen freezes during missions with the game still running in the background, forcing you to quit the game, can't make any progress in the new quest cause they decided that Iron Wake had to be a "relay" and so it crashes every single time, loading into a mission takes forever with multiple screen hangs.

This is baffling, we still have no official response from DE about these issues.

39 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

Game is absolutely unplayable.

Win7 32bit, 4gb ram, geforce 550ti.

Everything was fine prior to the harrow update, now it crashes every time I try to load in a relay (rip Baro items, gg DE), can't play with other people cause it always say I lost connection to the host, random screen freezes during missions with the game still running in the background, forcing you to quit the game, can't make any progress in the new quest cause they decided that Iron Wake had to be a "relay" and so it crashes every single time, loading into a mission takes forever with multiple screen hangs.

This is baffling, we still have no official response from DE about these issues.

i tried to do a couple of mission for the limbo quest.... the arcwing questi woth 2 people and the exavation alone... i played better than yestarday.. but i've just crashed a minute ago after i tried to go in a relay... so yes, the relay is impossible place where we can go, and noone can response us i see...
So rip Baro today, Rip relay and Rip harrow and titania quests for me...

win 10 32 bit , yes S#&$ pc cus i am still playing at 32 bit but  (waiting my ryzen cpu , motherboard etc in 1 week to upgrade to win 10  64 bit )

BEFORE harrow update everything was fine no crash AFTER i crash everywhere (sortie , baro , while loading random alert , harrow during card selection)

WAR-1326400 and some other similar numbers at evolution crash report

Same happening for me, with mouse disconnecting issues in addition to it. And I've got 64bit, so 32 bit can't be the problem.

Game keeps crashing (the evolution engine has stopped) randomly at regular intervals while playing in a mission. Crashed 3 times in a row on interception mission, in the same session after I rejoined, every single time at the end of the wave. Crashed 2 times in survival before the 5 min mark. Everything happened the same day, just now, in a row, I only did 2 spy missions solo in between the interception and spy. I can stay in my ship fine, I stayed in the relay fine. It crashed 5 times in like 30 minutes which is literally unplayable. This has never happened before with Warframe.

Speaking of the mouse, in the first survival mission, my mouse stopped responding in game just before the crash. In the second survival, I noticed that the lights on my mouse started to flicker as soon as I started the mission, as if it was loosing power or something. After a few mins my mouse dced again and the game crashed.

Specs:

• Intel i7 3.5 GHz
  • Radeon R290 4 GB
  • RAM 16 GB RAM
  • Windows 10, some old version, because I forced stopped updates
  • My mouse is Razer Deathadder Chroma. It's like a half year old or so and it works just fine in other games. Played Titanfall for hour without any issues, works fine in Windows.

Updated my video drivers, optimized the Warframe cache, didn't help.