Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow friends to help with Syndicate missions

Shockwave-

Dear DE... Warfame is a coop game. I'm sure you must vaguely recall this from eons past. (given the last two quests though perhaps you've forgotten).

I play with my wife. We USED to love to do syndicate missions together - but a while back you just decided to quash that. Now we can't do them together because one of us can't see the medallions. It would be the epitome of stupidity for us to have the same syndicates, we don't, we have different ones. But that shouldn't stop us from doing the missions. There is no possible reason why a medallion sitting on the ground should be INVISIBLE to one player but not another.

Best solution - Allow them to be marked, allow them to be picked up, remove them from the mission rewards at the end of the mission for anyone not in that syndicate.

Acceptable solution - allow them to be seen and marked but don't offer the pickup interaction for non syndicate people (this would lead to possibly finding them again in the same mission, but doable).

Either way, I don't understand why you decided to take the fun out of syndicate missions and not allow friends to play together.

9 hours ago, Horonelius said:

What happens when someone who has already done that mission that day decides to help out with a friend?

Why would this matter. There is some code somewhere telling the game to make them invisible in that situation, or any situation where they don't want you to get them (either at all or again). I'm saying don't make them invisible, instead execute code to remove the pickup interaction.... There really shouldn't be a reason that this can't be changed from invisible to "graphical only". Create a different medallion type that is placed for me (that can't be retrieved) instead of "real" one. Seems like that wouldn't be all that hard, they are already doing the heavy lifting to figure out when I shouldn't see them.