Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does it make sense to have 1785 armor on valkyr prime?

zempheroth

Question

I fiddle a bit with warframe builder and get build for 1785 armor on valkyr prime(don't know that value with warcry or no)

But I can't understand how it's really effective is. Please help me clarify this point, I have concerns that on some value armor maximization become useless. 
I'm planning to be a valkyr for melee combat with  nikana prime-slicer.

Edited by zempheroth

4 answers to this question

Short answer, no, it's not worth it. Armored Agility is a wasted slot. Check my post here for examples of melee builds. The exilus slot and aura are the things you might wanna change for your taste, but I can't think of any better use of the other slots at this time.

6 hours ago, zempheroth said:

I fiddle a bit with warframe builder and get build for 1785 armor on valkyr prime(don't know that value with warcry or no)

But I can't understand how it's really effective is. Please help me clarify this point, I have concerns that on some value armor maximization become useless. 
I'm planning to be a valkyr for melee combat with  nikana prime-slicer.

This link here will give you the info you need: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

Basically at 1785 armor rating you get roughly 85.61% damage reduction from all sources before armor/damage types are applied. Use this formula:

Damage Reduction =  Net Armor/(300 + Net Armor)]

to compute for the damage reduction you are comfortable with. Basically, armor dictates how long you can last with enemies without healing or evasion. It also dictates how high the enemies level should be to be able to put you down consistently within the time frame it takes for you to heal yourself. Since you plan on a melee build your only threat is being knocked down/back, being one shot by presumably rockets, or being too far from the enemy.

I don't plan my builds around armor rating because most warframes never have this much armor anyway. As such, I can't exactly tell you based on experience how far that armor will take you but for sure your valkyr will be perfectly safe in most sorties and all low/mid/high missions. I'm assuming it would take level 150-200 enemies to bring you down but I cannot confirm this.

To help you decide on the armor rating you need, you need to think about what you will gain from losing armor instead. Maybe more efficiency/damage/duration/health. Depends on your build really. And as far as end game content is concerned you might as well be naked because eventually you'll get 1 shot anyway. What you can achieve before that point however is what armor rating provides.   

In my experience, no, there's no point to having that much Armor. I tried taking Valkyr into a Sortie Survival with the Energy Reduction modifier, and it made a hard point: as long as I had Energy for either Life Strike or Hysteria, I was fine. The moment I ran out of Energy, though, I dropped fast.

My assumption is simply that enemy damage scales up faster than Armor alone can keep up with, so Armor-based mitigation alone isn't enough to keep you up.

Now, Valkyr's kit includes Paralysis and Hysteria to help augment her survivability, but they both have some issues. Paralysis has a very short range; Hysteria's cost ramps up the longer you're in it, and it can kill you when it deactivates if an enemy has LoS on you.

To be clear, I'm not saying that Valkyr is unusable at higher levels. All I'm saying is that it's going to take more than just Armor to keep her up, so getting max Armor isn't going to be as effective as, say, increasing your Energy pool (since most of the things she can do to stay up require Energy).

At least, that's my experience.

Thank you guys, you help me  a lot. I adjusted my build well,(the same armor with cast and great knockdown resist) only problem that I need a tonn of endo and credits for max  mods and check how it will work.

And yes, I assume that Rage mod is mandatory for valkyr build. 

Question: somebody know how Natural Talent affect to Rip line ability?) It would be so tricky if cast speed will be speed up...almost spider man