Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with some new codex entries post U21!

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

16 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Stalker_Cake said:

the charger eximus you are missing i think is a Kavor defector that has turned into a charger eximus

the missiong corpus entry is a bug, atleast from what i have been able to gather

Oh, does the defector automatically spawn an Eximus or I have to be lucky and find that one? 

3 minutes ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Oh, does the defector automatically spawn an Eximus or I have to be lucky and find that one? 

i don't know the spawn chance of the eximus version, but you need a lot of eximus scans, you need to scan them 20 times to get a full entry

2 minutes ago, Stalker_Cake said:

i don't know the spawn chance of the eximus version, but you need a lot of eximus scans, you need to scan them 20 times to get a full entry

Dammi, that's a lot! 

Have you noticed if the time spent in the mission was affecting the spawns? 

2 hours ago, Stalker_Cake said:

the missiong corpus entry is a bug, atleast from what i have been able to gather

Alright, I checked and it seems to be a bug: the entry seems to be the normal Attack Drone, the one spawning from MOAs, as the only Attack Drone entry we had so far was for the AW one.

But, if you try to scan the one spawning from a MOA it will be displayed as green and the new entry won't unlock....

On 6/30/2017 at 2:28 PM, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Alright, I checked and it seems to be a bug: the entry seems to be the normal Attack Drone, the one spawning from MOAs, as the only Attack Drone entry we had so far was for the AW one.

But, if you try to scan the one spawning from a MOA it will be displayed as green and the new entry won't unlock....

It's not a bug.  I have it in my codex fully scanned.  It is an Attack Drone Eximus that can spawn from any regular Fusion MOA found in most Corpus missions.  However realize that it only spawns as an Eximus about 1 of 10 times when it spawns, so you will have to do lots of runs to get it. (shooting a Fusion MOA down to half health, without completely killing it, gets it to launch one)

About 9 of 10 times it will just spawn a regular Attack Drone.  Scanning these will not get you a codex scan.  These regular Attack Drones were wrongly removed from the codex in 19.11.5 (Feb 28, 2017) and have yet to return.

50 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's not a bug.  I have it in my codex fully scanned.  It is an Attack Drone Eximus that can spawn from any regular Fusion MOA found in most Corpus missions.  However realize that it only spawns as an Eximus about 1 of 10 times when it spawns, so you will have to do lots of runs to get it. (shooting a Fusion MOA down to half health, without completely killing it, gets it to launch one)

About 9 of 10 times it will just spawn a regular Attack Drone.  Scanning these will not get you a codex scan.  These regular Attack Drones were wrongly removed from the codex in 19.11.5 (Feb 28, 2017) and have yet to return.

Woah, seriously?? Between these and the white charger eximus which I haven't found a reliable way to get spawning yet, the new codex entries are quite a nightmare. 

Any suggestion on where to farm for these drones? 

Edited by Sir_Alex_Traffo

2 hours ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Woah, seriously?? Between these and the white charger eximus which I haven't found a reliable way to get spawning yet, the new codex entries are quite a nightmare. 

Any suggestion on where to farm for these drones? 

I ran Pluto|Narcissus-Exterminate.  Each run spawned about 5 Fusion MOAs.  I brought a WEAK secondary in my loadout that didn't do too much damage.  When I got to the Fusion MOAs, I would use it to slowly shoot down their shields, then 50% of their health.  It's then that they launch their Attack Drone.  9 of 10 times it launched a regular Attack Drone.  1 of 10 times it was a red glowing Attack Drone Eximus which I would scan.  So took about 6 runs.  Yes it was a bit of a pain just to get scans.

My Primary Rifle was too strong and would instakill the Fusion MOAs and wasted too many of them.  A weak secondary did the trick.  Also used Loki invisibility to make it easier to walk between enemies and sort them out, and be stealth while scanning.

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

I ran Pluto|Narcissus-Exterminate.  Each run spawned about 5 Fusion MOAs.  I brought a WEAK secondary in my loadout that didn't do too much damage.  When I got to the Fusion MOAs, I would use it to slowly shoot down their shields, then 50% of their health.  It's then that they launch their Attack Drone.  9 of 10 times it launched a regular Attack Drone.  1 of 10 times it was a red glowing Attack Drone Eximus which I would scan.  So took about 6 runs.  Yes it was a bit of a pain just to get scans.

My Primary Rifle was too strong and would instakill the Fusion MOAs and wasted too many of them.  A weak secondary did the trick.  Also used Loki invisibility to make it easier to walk between enemies and sort them out, and be stealth while scanning.

That's just perfect! Compared to the white chargers seems way easier, thank you for the detailed method mate! 

2 hours ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

That's just perfect! Compared to the white chargers seems way easier, thank you for the detailed method mate! 

If I remember correctly, Suda now spawns Eximus versions of the attack drones due to a recent fix but not sure.

On 2/7/2017 at 1:44 AM, Izzy said:

Hey, sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to make sure that you actually found some Eximus Attack Drones with the method above! I know it's RNG, but I run 5 Narcissus this morning, always having all the MOAs launching their drone(the MOAs spawn rate seems indeed about 5 per mission), but they never spawned an Eximus unit.

That's about 25 normal Attack Drones; again, I know it's RNG so it may just be bad luck, but I just wanted to make sure that sooner or later I'll get some spawning with the method you described and that the unit is the one I'm missing!

EDIT: update, another 7 more runs, I'd say 35 more, not a single Attack Drone Eximus. I think I'm doing something wrong here?

EDIT2: ok, I found one, but it spawned from an EXIMUS MOA! Can you confirm you were able to get the Eximus Attack Drone from the normal MOAs as well?

Edited by Sir_Alex_Traffo

My number estimates (estimates as i don't think there are any published numbers) were based on about 6 runs where I estimated a total of 30 Fusion MOAs.  As with your results, usually 5 Fusion MOA per run. From those 30, I got the Attack Drone to launch.  In only 3 cases, they were Attack Drone Eximus.  Some of those 30 MOAs were Fusion MOA Eximus.  None of them spawned an Eximus version of the attack drone.

From a statistical standpoint, my sample size is small.  But I did want to provide my findings. The small sample size means it could easily take twice as many runs for someone else to get the same result.

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My number estimates (estimates as i don't think there are any published numbers) were based on about 6 runs where I estimated a total of 30 Fusion MOAs.  As with your results, usually 5 Fusion MOA per run. From those 30, I got the Attack Drone to launch.  In only 3 cases, they were Attack Drone Eximus.  Some of those 30 MOAs were Fusion MOA Eximus.  None of them spawned an Eximus version of the attack drone.

From a statistical standpoint, my sample size is small.  But I did want to provide my findings. The small sample size means it could easily take twice as many runs for someone else to get the same result.

Thanks mate, I was able to get the scans in the end, following your advice. It took a bit longer, but it worked, thank you!!