Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Shotgun 9.1.4 Thread Merger

TheSeannachaidh

Turn back time on the Sobek! It was FINE after the last patch... It does NOT need 100 damage, and I DON'T need time to brush my teeth during a weapon's reload...

I just tried using it. It is dreadful. The damage I do doesn't make standing around being totally useless for so long worthwhile... Please please please please don't leave this in... :( 

I really loved this weapon: I think it looks great, and did its job well enough, and it combos really well with the Banshee's Sonar ability...

Please don't leave it like this... I know that you are just doing your best to respond to the communities voice, but I invested money in platinum, which I then excitedly spent rushing the build for and putting a forma into this weapon, and if it remains like this I will never use it again, and I will have wasted that money... If this is it, can you remove the weapon and mastery exp from my account and return the platinum?

For me the whole point of this gun now is to go into a room, blast anything that moves and reload after everything is dead, in peace and quiet

I don't understand why the Grakata and the Sobek are so damn puny. You'd figure that these bulky, highly-augmented clones would carry something that doesn't look the size of a water pistol. I'm perfectly aware that they're supposed to be fighting in close quarters, but those two weapons are just absurdly small.

The Sobek now is quite a competitive shotgun with the rest, sure play style and preference is entirely player's choice.

It has a great clip size and if you increase with ammo stock it's amazing! You can mow down an entire team before you need to reload with the new damage. Reload after this mob? sounds perfect for me, barely need to reload mid fight if your not blowing ammo on dead bodies.

As to comparing to hek? So every clip your sobek unloads you have to reload 4 extra times in the hek already. that's alot more than reloading once time compared to the sobek.

Also why people say they are stuck while reloading? your not playing as a fixed turret so take cover while you reload perhaps? switch to secondary? use meelee? and reload ahead while it's safe?

Its like complaining my supra is unusable because I'm stuck reloading for ages after I unload my whole clip...

dps lost

The problem is you haven't explained why the Sobek should be an assault rifle, which is a problem because the Sobek is not an assault rifle, nor should it act like one.

It is a shotgun, a shotgun that fills a particular niche, and was rebalanced to fit that niche even better, which in your opinion, somehow weakened the weapon.

Another issue is you haven't explained why the change caused DPS loss, when sustained DPS should never be brought up when talking about either shotguns or non-automatic sniper rifles.

There are very clear roles for most weapons in Warframe; if you want sustained DPS you should be using the Boltor or Gorgon or Supra or Flux. Shotguns already fulfill spike DPS AND Burst DPS roles.

They do not need to take over the roles of the Assault Rifle as well.

The Sobek is fine as it is, and does not need to be reverted.

Edited by -Kittens-

Hey guys.

I might be wrong but the sobek seems kinda.... smalerl.

Boar is bigger, Hek is obviously bigger. Maybe its because of the small parts on it but

the sobek seems smaller than the other shotguns.

I need some other opinions xD

Edited by Venarge

Strun base clipsize = 6.0

Strun base reload speed = 3.0

Sobek base clipsize = 20.0

Sobek base reload speed = 3.5

By going clipsize and reload speed alone for DPS....Sobek wins. Of course going on spike damage on a single, normal mob target, Strun wins. But constant sustained fire against stronger mobs/bosses? Sobek. Both shotguns are viable for their certain strengths. But either way, you (and a few others) are sitting here arguing that a .5 reload speed difference makes this shotgun "unusable" when it has over 3 times the clip of the Strun, does about 4/5ths damage per shot of the strun, and has a much, much lower delay between shots.. *rolls eyes*

Now i want a Sobek .

The Sobek's current dropoff range is similar to the Hek's, 20m-30m for the Hek (I think) and 20m-40m for the Sobek.

Perhaps the Sobek could have a buff to 25m-45m and a very slight decrease in spread?

So, do you think the buff mentioned above should be implemented? Do provide feedback and proper values for the dropoff ranges I listed.

I don't understand why the Grakata and the Sobek are so damn puny. You'd figure that these bulky, highly-augmented clones would carry something that doesn't look the size of a water pistol. I'm perfectly aware that they're supposed to be fighting in close quarters, but those two weapons are just absurdly small.

The Grakata is still bigger than the Sobek though, and you can actually see your frame holding it, i.e Rhino.

It should be a decent size though, maybe in between the Dera and Vulkar in terms of length.

The Sobek is so small, Frost can probably hide it in his coat.

I'd like an adjustment made to the weapon model as well, to make it bigger (it did get buffed from 40 to 60 to 100 damage soooo...). Right now it looks awkward, the most telling is that I notice my frame's hands don't even hold it properly.