Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where and how to grind?

Diamondmatter

Question

So I've been a player for 70-something days and I've completed all the quests and experienced all the bosses and game modes (bar raids), so all I have to do right now is collect frames, weapons, and Primes. I enjoy ranking new frames and (good) weapons quite nicely, but I've run into an issue that I don't know how to deal with that I believe most endgame players do - where and how do I grind for what? I'm constantly out of Orokin Cells and Neural Sensors, and I'm practically out of Lith relics since I want to save a good chunk of them to make them Radiant, so ranking in endless Lith fissures is less and less of an option for me. I've never done a higher tier fissure without having a specific part in mind.

So what I'm wondering is basically where or how should I grind? The only grinding I really do is for a specific Prime part or frame, and it's not sustainable for resources. There must be a regular spot to get relics, cells, neural sensors, etc. right?

I would just pick a node that drops relics or whatever resource, but when it comes to relics it's just too much to figure out whether or not I'm getting relics that aren't totally trash or to pick a specific relic to get - it sounds ridiculously tedious, honestly, and I'd rather just grind a spot where I can net a good variety of relics. Not that I won't grind for a specific relic for a specific part I need, but when I just want a good pool of whatever relics to grind on, it sounds crazy.

When it comes to resources, I don't know. It's extremely tedious to grind Sargas Ruk or Lech Kril to maybe get one or two cells, and I don't even know where to begin with finding neural sensors besides just playing Jupiter missions and searching every nook and cranny of the map, and I don't know of anything more tedious you could do.

There must be a method to at least some of this madness, right?

2 answers to this question

For rare materials I recommend the Dark Sectors nodes. because they have a resource bonus. For Orokin Cells I use Gabii, Ceres + Nekros and/or Hydroid. I've never been in the necessity of farming Neural Sensors but I usually use Io, Jupiter to level up and I always get around 4 sensors in 15 defense waves. Anyways you can look for the Dark Sectors nodes in Jupiter and use Nekros and/or Hydroid abilities to get more drops from enemies.

Edited by (XB1)neoxal

16 hours ago, Diamondmatter said:

So what I'm wondering is basically where or how should I grind?

Variety is the key.  If you spend all your time grinding the same thing resource / mission type / etc over and over you will burn out.

when it comes to relics it's just too much to figure out whether or not I'm getting relics that aren't totally trash or to pick a specific relic to get

First there is no bad relic to get.  You always need forma and ducats and void traces.  Any random relic gives you access to those things.  Beyond that stuff gets put into the prime vault so today's junk relic is one you won't get ever again at some point in the future.

Then you can't farm a specific relic any way.  All the relics in each era end up being the drop pool with equal chance.  Just pick the era you want to stockpile and chose a mission that awards that era... Lith and Meso from easy, Meso and Neo from medium, Neo and Axi from hard.

When it comes to resources, I don't know. It's extremely tedious to grind Sargas Ruk or Lech Kril to maybe get one or two cells, and I don't even know where to begin with finding neural sensors besides just playing Jupiter missions and searching every nook and cranny of the map, and I don't know of anything more tedious you could do.

I'm going to be honest and say there is no better answer.  When you want o cells you play on Ceres or Saturn and when you want sensors you play on Jupiter.  I find grinding bosses a terrible bore but you can literally do anything you like on those planets and you'll get the resources that drop there.  So figure out what you like.  Is that doing survival missions?  Spy mission?  The boss?  Whatever, as long as you enjoy it.  Stacking multiple grinds in one mission is a nice thing to do if you can.  Relics + endo + high affinity + resources + some new mod (maybe).  That's were endless missions like excavation and survival shine the most.

Take advantage of the boosters you get from login and sorties though.  They really do make a big difference.

There must be a method to at least some of this madness, right?

My method is play the game.  You'd be amazed by the stock piles of stuff you accumulate by simply playing the game and not really worrying about anything else.