Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VLOG: Steam Gifts Changes = No Buy, No Gifts!

DogManDan

Some counterpoints:

- Gift scheduling is useful if you're giving someone a game on, say, their birthday or something, but it's on sale now. Easier to schedule it ahead of time than to stick it in your inventory and potentially forget about it.

- Refunds for a gift decline is great because, if they didn't want the game or already had it, now you can get them something else without having to pay extra.

- I also fail to see why anyone would want to keep a game they plan on playing themselves in their inventory instead of adding it to their library. It seems far easier to remember a game if it's sitting in your library than if it's floating around somewhere in your inventory.

Personally, I fail to see a problem with the changes. Sure, you can't hoard copies of a game for whatever reason, but for actually gifting games the changes make it far easier to manage.

The topic of discussion seems a little late, no? 

Did a Google check and this was of hot discussion at the start of may.

Anyways, haven't watched the video or properly read up on the changes but I imagine this may be a way to try and tackle to websites selling cheap keys as gifts.

Edited by Valiant