The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game locking up at loading screens

MelanyAliste

So, ever since Harrow and the Earth tileset update arrived, my game has been locking up quite often durring loading screens. I can freely tab out of the game and bring up the task manager to find that the game is CONSUMING my processor, maxing it at 100% usage. It stays like this for a short while, maybe topping out at 10 seconds? I'd have to really count it out to make sure. I just know it's long enough to where when the game wakes back up and tries to load, I get kicked from my friend's group and can't get back in due to this loading problem. So far today it has only happened with Earth, but I recall it happening on other planets too. The more places it happens at, the more I'll list here.

Also, system details:

Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Intel i5-2500K CPU

16 GB of Ram

Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti 1 GB graphics card

Edited by MelanyAliste
Including details on my PC

I'm usually on my brand new computer so no problem in the loading screen, but since I'm on a laptop (quite good gaming portable computer), loading screens have huge freezes for me too. Sometimes it still loads, but most of the times it ends up with "Cannot connect" and back to liset (with another frozen loading screen, of course). And none of the missions were on Earth : It was yesterday and today's sorties, and Hydron.

Windows 8.1 64bit

i7-4710HQ

16Go Ram

NVidia Geforce GTX 970M

Edit: can confirm, litterally unplayable using matchmaking. It seems that most of people are having this issue, and when the host doesn't load the map in the first XX seconds, the matchmaking cancels it. Can't do the Sortie right now.

Edited by Chewarette