Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Help

(PSN)Floki_9083_

Question

Ok I need a little bit of help. I have an 8 forma'd Braton (just because) and I am trying to do Corrosive and Heat damage. However it isn't leeting me do it, no matter what I do. 

My mods are as follows and all maxed:

Base damage: Split Chamber, Serration, and Heavy Cal.

Elemental: Stormbringer, Hellfire, Infected Clip, Wild Fire

And a Shred.

3 answers to this question

The game has an order it looks at the mod slots on a weapon when determining elemental damage. It starts on the left side of the top row, moves right until it hits the end of the row, then moves to the left side of the bottom row and moves to the end of that row. It looks at elemental mods in that order, and combines them in that order. Elemental mods don't have to be next to each other, but if they aren't ordered properly on that Z, you won't get the elements you want.

Also, things get a little more complex when using multiple mods with the same element,  though it's been a while since I tried anything like that, so I may get this wrong. Basically, it combines mods with the same element, then uses the position of the first one to determine combinations. Assuming you've listed your elemental mods in the order you have them on the Z, the game doesn't see 90% Electric, 90% Heat, 90% Toxin, 60% Heat; instead, it sees 90% Electric, 150% Heat, 90% Toxin. This results in Radiation and Toxin damage, rather than the Radiation and Gas you'd expect, though the Radiation damage is higher than it would be otherwise.

Edited by (XB1)D34thst41ker