Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newb Questions...

WarKittah

Question

Greetings All,

Been playing WF for a week or so off and on, loadout: Excal (12), Mk1-Braton (13), Lato (8), Skana (12). Have a number of mods on all of them,  Up to the 'kill Vor' mission but haven't done it yet.  I am on old FPS player from way back in the 'Wolfenstien' days (for you kids, google it..heh), so I went with what I was used to ie the guns.  Having seen several vids on the bows and having trouble with missions like Everest = Excavation trying to kill off the power core carriers quickly I was wondering if they might be a better = quicker killer of things.  I know they have a 'slower' time between shots but, can also do 1 shots and go thru multiple enemies and are silent, the gun tends to give me away quickly for some reason....  Was looking at the 'Paris' not 'Paris mk1', just Paris (which seem to be a better bow/upgrade), blueprints.  If I get theses bp, do I have to go passed 'Vor' to get parts ie stay around Earth and are they hard to get/need special place to get them?   I tend to play solo and tried Pacific last night, had to do the one without the acorn looking thing (Lith?) (got my &#! packaged with a bow and handed to me with a sympathetic smile) and took 5 times before timer ran out before I could complete it. 

I am trying to get something better that I can use at my low lvl..  was also looking at the duel ether/heat swords figuring 2 are better than 1, (is one recommended over the other?) and along those lines is a duel secondary (guns) good?  I have no trouble admitting that I am not the greatest at this game and out of habit of previous games tend to try and grab everything in every nook and cranny I can get, I don't like leaving loot behind.

One last question (at this time), got the Vaper Spector bp x10, what exactly does this thing do?  From the description, it makes a clone like your floating pet to help you on missions...is it 1 per mission or whats the deal?

Thank you all for any help...

WarKittah

4 answers to this question

Just get rid of the braton as soon as possible get karak,boltor even. The bow isnt really worth the hassle unless you just level it up for mastery XP. Even then most of the starter weapons arent that great in the long term. Pretty much just keep leveling and getting mods till you can get some proper guns boltor prime,soma prime and so on. I dont think i can be bothered to write a novel on meta guns or a step by step guide on how to go about your leveling. Thats all i can say. It might be helpful to try and get some old players to help you get mods and resources.

Getting the parts to make Paris will require going to Saturn I think so a bit of a trek if you are still on Earth.  Cernos is a little quicker to reach the ingredients for, I think you can build it when you reach Phobos.  If you want to try bows then the Mk-1 Paris will a least let you get a feel for them before commiting resources that you might want to use elsewhere.  If you want a better full auto rifle then Karak is decent early on.  Try to get everything to rank 30 before you ditch it though or you'll end up wanting to go back to it later for Mastery.

I'm a fan of most dual secondaries as the increased fire rate compensates for my lack of accuracy but more patient players prefer to aim with a single pistol like the Lex (at one time affectionately known as the best sniper rifle in the game, despite being a pistol).

Spectors can be crafted to make a duplicate of the warframe you are using at the time of crafting (with the same weapons equipped) and you then equip it via 'Gear' in the Arsenal.  During missions you can deploy them using the gear wheel (default key is Q) or by assigning a hotkey beforehand.  A grey small grey sphere that totally isn't a pokeball will be thrown forward and then your clone will pop out to follow you and help fight.  They are one use, lasting until the enemy kills them or the end of the mission (so your blueprint for 10 will give 10 uses, there are more poewrful versions crafted in batches of 5, 3 or 1).

Warframe is all about speed when it comes to its gunplay. Rolling in and out of cover and taking to the skies is usually the best way to kill enemies as quickly as possible. Additionally, the old Halo shoot n' slap tactic works exceptionally well here. Unfortunately, focusing on only using your primary is not effective at the start of the game, but it will certainly be a viable way to play later on. For full-auto weapons, I would highly recommend the Boltor once you reach rank 2, and the Gorgon Wraith once you get your hands on some plat and become accustomed to the trade system. 

Single shot weapons are usually guaranteed to be better at taking down single enemies, unless we're talking about shotguns. Automatic weapons are generally a bit better when dealing with crowds. If you want to try out a good single-shot weapon, I recommend picking up the Latron. Or you could also try the Burston, which is a good balance between the two. 

Weapon crafting materials are sorted by planet, which I believe is shown on the navigation screen in the bottom-right corner. 

Unless a weapon is very obviously marked as silent, even a single shot will alert all enemies nearby to your presence. 

Soloing most missions will get you far into the game, however defense, survival, Intercept, and excavation missions will be significantly harder, since they move at a set pace. I would recommend only doing these missions with either a full team, or a defensive frame such as Frost or Limbo. 

When it comes to melee weapons, I would recommend avoiding dual-sword weapons, as the current stances/movesets available for them are considered to be among the worst in the game. If you want something that works really well, pick up an Atterax once you hit MR2, and stick to a Skana or Bo for now. 

Dual secondary weapons are usually better than their single variants. For example, the Twin Grakata or Akmagnus will carry you through the entire game if youre able to make them. 

Vapor specters are a usuable item you can craft in your foundry. It creates a scaling AI-controlled Tenno to come and fight alongside you. You are able to set its weapons and frame during the creation process, matching whatever you currently have equipped. However, they will only use their first and second powers, and cannot gain energy once they have used them. You can also only have one Specter of each variant out at a time, but it'll last until it dies, or the mission ends. 

If you need more assistance, I'm usually online on PC. Feel free to add me as a friend and shoot me any more questions you may have.