Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Dojo Duelling?

TheGodofWiFi

I haven't done a dojo duel for quite a while, but yesterday I just tried it again. I noticed that instead of simply sitting down and starting a fight, we now get transported to a different area entirely seperate from the dojo.

My one question is why? Why was this needed? What was wrong with simply going into a duelling room in the dojo and fighting? Why do we now need to be transported to a completely seperate area?

41 minutes ago, MopUpCrewman said:

Seems highly impractical to me, currently.

You finally have a possibly fair connection to duel with and then you get transported to a peer-to-peer instance.

It just seems impractical to me period. Why transport us to another room when it worked perfectly well beforehand? The clan I'm in has a dojo with eight duelling rooms and I used to see people duelling all the time. Now I know why they're all suddenly abandoned. Is it because of lag or something? I don't recall any problems with duelling in the dojo. For me seeing people duel while I'm doing my trading made the dojo actually feel alive and like it was an actual place people go to when not doing missions. Now the dojo just feels empty again.

12 minutes ago, .Zel said:

Dojo duels are broken anyway, Conclave Balance+PvE Balance is no bueno.

That is a completely different subject. I'm not discussing the duelling system itself, I'm discussing the utter pointlessness of DE now making us go into different rooms to fight.

2 hours ago, MopUpCrewman said:

Seems highly impractical to me, currently.

You finally have a possibly fair connection to duel with and then you get transported to a peer-to-peer instance.

The only fair thing would be that it'd be equally bad for each player. Either DE doesn't have any servers in Eastern Europe or the connection is so bad that there are few seconds of delay, much worse than with host-client system.

54 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

That is a completely different subject. I'm not discussing the duelling system itself, I'm discussing the utter pointlessness of DE now making us go into different rooms to fight.

oh that stuff got changed when dojos got updated to have hosting like relays. prolly what caused it.