Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Research Shotguns Need Some Luvin Too.

DoMe_22_

Look around the arsenal, and count all the weapons there are. You will notice every class of weapon are able to be researched, Melee, Pistols, Snipers and Riffles. If you notice, there are no Research Shotguns. I find this unfair since i love shotguns in this game. I feel that the this games needs diversity. And i don't know how this was overlooked its simple. I would love to see more Dojo Shotguns, especially a poison pallet shotgun, Or Explosive pellet shotguns. When poison shotgun fires, shoots poison pallets that tick like Acrid or Torid. Also The explosive one much like Ogris, but on much smaller scale. Each pallet explodes after shot. I just want to see more diversity. NO MORE ENERGY WEPS. look at the arsenal. There is about 6 energy weps. while bio and explosives have two.......yes two. How is this acceptable? Plz DE take a look at expanding your arsenal.

Edited by DoMe_22_

+1

Personally found shotgun to be my most comfortable weapon of choice and would love to see a bit more shotguns in game! 

Researching energy shotgun... actually doesnt sound that bad beside over flowing with energy weapons (in research department)

Bio shotgun... massive poison over area =D
Explosive shotgun? I could see the potential danger of suicide though, but that would be hell fun to play as =D

Bio shotgun, Chem shotgun, chem pistol.

These need to be the next set of clan-tech weapons.

Maybe, in order, a toxin cloud spewer, a cluster-nade launcher, and a trip mine launcher.

Plerid- launches a cloud of DoT poison damage. 15m range, 20 damage per tick inside cloud, 4 damage per tick outside of cloud.

Charis- fires 5 bouncing grenades that explode for 50 damage each, detonating 2 seconds after first impact

Maris- Launches two darts connected by tripwire which will detonate along the line once tripped.

i never noticed the lack of a shotgun before! i've been really wanting a poison based primary. so a sort of poison shotgun... :D

a multi-elemental shotgun sounds interesting as well. due to being a shotgun, it would be killer if some pellets were fire element, some shock, some ice, and maybe even some AP. a sort of all rounder innate spray machine. relatively low damage, lower than average accuracy, massive number of pellets (so all elements can be reasonably represented), etc. (poison in there maybe as well, but poison is really powerful, so probably OP to have that and the rest).

no, Torid doesn't cound as a poison primary. it makes poison traps, big whoop. can't actually kill something with any real speed, and if you try to kill something that's approaching, you'll probably kill yourself in the process. it's too situational of a weapon (and also not my style). 

Wyvren - Explosive shotgun, high innae stagger, low damage, moderate fire rate, medium clip size, blunt damage.

Fire-based shotgun, viper of the shotguns doing poison damage, who knows?
Many possibilities can come from this, and they would be great.

I just got a brilliant idea for a Laser Shotgun!

It'll be similar to the Flux Rifle, except...

...That its beam is large enough to clear rooms! It'll have a very short range and high damage, of course.

But this kind of stuff belongs in the Fan Zone...

Look around the arsenal, and count all the weapons there are. You will notice every class of weapon are able to be researched, Melee, Pistols, and Riffles. If you noticed, there are no Research Shotguns. I find this unfair since i love shotguns in this game. I feel that the this games needs diversity. And i don't how this was overlooked its simple. I would love to see more Dojo Shotguns, especially a poison pallet shotgun, Or Explosive pellet shotguns. When poison shotgun fires, shoots poison pallets that tick like Acrid or Torid. Also The explosive one much like Ogris, but on much smaller scaled. Each pallet explodes after shot. I just want to see more diversity. NO MORE ENERGY WEPS. look at the arsenal. There is about 6 energy weps. while bio and explosives have two.......yes two. How is this acceptable? Plz DE take a look at expanding your arsenal.

They need to fix the weapons they put out first.

A slug shotgun would be interesting imo. one big pellet with a lot of stopping power maybe less damage then the reg ones, lower fire rate. This is one thing in a lot of games have not done with shotguns they always have spread shots I would like to see a shotgun that fires slugs O.o

A vid of a slug from a 12 gauge in action :) thought I'd add it since that just looks so darn cool lol

A slug shotgun would be interesting imo. one big pellet with a lot of stopping power maybe less damage then the reg ones, lower fire rate. This is one thing in a lot of games have not done with shotguns they always have spread shots I would like to see a shotgun that fires slugs O.o

A vid of a slug from a 12 gauge in action :) thought I'd add it since that just looks so darn cool lol

it's called the snipetron vandal

What they really need is :

1. Some kind of acid thrower for bio

2. A pump- action shotgun resembling the shotgun from HL2

When i heard DE was releasing a new double barrel shotgun i was thinking 2 shots per clip, short range, long- ish reload time, one hit kill

I say a shotgun with explosive pellets would be interesting. At certain range they would explode in air(maybe around 20 meters or less), damage would be something around  10 per pellet with 8 pellets and no drop-off. Small AoE for explosions, slow rate of fire, slow reload and large spread(to aid AoE damage). Overall DPS would be the worst of all shotguns but the AoE aspect will make up for it. Also the damage might be lowered and turned into armor ignoring damage.