Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Flash Accelerant

yles9056

Question

4 answers to this question

@Xekrin

Accelerant increases the damage taken by fire damage, yes. However the question here was regarding the augment, Flash Accelerant, if i read this right.

Flash Accelerant increases heat-damage done and if i remember correctly it works on World of Fire if the Flash Accelerant buff is active when you activate the world in flames skill. If it is already active while you cast Flash Accelerant, it doesnt seem to work.

not sure but I doubt it. Fireball, and all of your weapons though: yes

I believe it functions like all of the other elemental buff augments where it only increases damage on weapons, projectile based abilities, and exalted weapon style abilities

25 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

Some comments on wiki said it only affects heat status DoT proc by World on Fire, but not the explosion damage.

All I know is whenever I use accelerant, things die faster to WoF, somehow I doubt it is due to waiting for a DoT to apply damage, unless it is insanely high.

46 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

If it is already active while you cast Flash Accelerant, it doesnt seem to work.

Ah, okay. Yeah that seems pretty standard for buffs with toggled abilities.  On the flipside it is highly likely it continues to buff after its duration is gone so long as you maintain the ability.  At least that's how it works with most other buffs.

So hit accelerant, activate WoF and never shut it off, permabuffed.