Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disadvantage Mods

Tacgnomancer

idea is to lose something and gain a bit more somewhere else that my of been classed as op'ed making u think, can u deal with the disadvantages for the advantage. some even like negative some and plus Something else, kinda like helms but as a mod.

Could we get the Vampire mode as a mod? (losing hp while kill grant HP) idea

-Other ideas of mods as example only- unless u like them ha~

Heavy Metal (-hp/-Shield/-movement speed) protection form stuns and being battered around

for melee chars as no ones wants to get knocked around while trying to melee

only char at the moment that viable is rhino iron skin

-Heavy Handed (disabled 1/2 guns cant be used(random primy/secoundly) +melee demg/Crt rates

-Vampire Lord +Max hp 1000, Shield base -50%, armor base -50%

-Dempire Blood (-50% base hp, +1 hp regen) or something just thought of this while i was writing this xD

other disadvantages could be energy drains, Shield Drain, Slower movement and less damage or in different weapons or slots(prime/secondary/Melee of types.

so u could Team up Vampire and Vampire Lord for a viable yet hard melee char, if u try to rush with it, the -shield and armor will easy get wiped you'll need to combat and get blood hungry

jsut throwing ideas out.

(base -armor means if 50 armor is base becomes 25 before other mods come into effect like steel fiber)

PS: Sorry about the spelling i'am bad at it i know

I like. How about starting with some basic weapon mods first?

Something among the lines of [Damage++,Reload Speed-] or [Fire rate++,Crit rate-].

EDIT: Now that I think about it, a mod consisting of [Fire rate-] can really help the ammo efficiency of certain weapons too. So it's not just all disadvantage.

Edited by 41_ma3

Personally I really, really like weighing disadvantages against advantages, it's more interesting (imo) than everything being clearly beneficial. Balancing the dis/advantages so (most) people would consider using it though would be tricky, as everyone wants something different.

That is the idea.

Perhaps there could be some mods that are straight up handicapping your gameplay, but ADD mod slots like the aura mods are doing now?

That would be rather useless. You can have 74 mod slots with no disadvantages right now, we don't need any more because the only limiting factor is the 10 mod limit.