The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split Chamber Scalings

Urash

Sorry, but I have to call you out on this: Wrong. +x% is always fair. It's a percentage of the base value.

If one thing gets +100%, the other one +150% and it is "fair", then there are other factors influences the strength OR the base values are not balanced.

If DE did their math properly, there is no reason for different percentages.

Then why even have different guns if you think all of them should be the same? lol

Many pistols have reloads in the 1sec area.

The slowest ones are around 2sec.

The Kunai have been called "Near Instant". Not Instant, but dang near it. You put 98% reload on a gun, say, a Lato (1.2s) and you're going to end up with 0.6 second reload. Seriously? 0.6 seconds is HALF A SECOND. Which is about the time that passes in between shots. You can, if you're fast enough with your fingers, reload the gun nearly as fast as it shoots?

That might as well be Instant Reload, because the Reload barely even affects the firing speed of the gun. You can fire all 210 shots and not even notice the half-second pause every 15 shots.

One of the WORST Reloads in Pistols, is the Kraken. 2.4 seconds.

With 98%, it will be something like 1.3 seconds which is basically what a Lato is now.

Stacking these Nightmare mods is just ridiculous. lol.

And how exactly is saving 1.1 seconds each reload overpowered? It's not like all of the game is based around reloading.

Many reloads happen inbetween the fights, so it doesn't always help you if it is faster.

Also 0.6 seconds is nowhere near the time between shots.

A Lato can shoot 6.7 times per second. That means it can fire about 4 shots in those 0.6 seconds and the Kunai can still be thrown twice in that time.

A 120% Multishot would surely make the Braton and its Prime Variant quite overpowered because they do High Damage AND they are Full Auto.

Afuris is a weak gun in general, as most Full Auto guns are.

Uhh...

It is true that the Furis and Afuris really suck right now.

I tried to use that gun. I really tried. But it just carried on sucking as I levelled it up.

But yeah, 90% is fine. Doesn't need changing. There are issues with the guns, but this aint one of them.

Just something that's been tugging at the back of my mind for a long time now; why is rifle multishot the only one that has a cap of less than 100%? Every other weapon type hits 120% when fully hopped up, but rifle gets left out of the party.

I get the feeling someone decided this because of snipers being in the "rifle" catagory, but it's not like snipers will be somehow overpowered. You could make snipers one-hit everything but the boss and they still wouldn't be overpowered because of the 400-enemy M Prime missions. Even if you never miss once you'd run out of ammo at least once on most void extermination missions, even on the lowest enemy counts.

Seems fine to me.

The only time you might see this as a potential issue is with the semi-autos and snipers since it has a 10% chance of NOT giving an extra bullet for more damage. Otherwise with a full-auto you would hardly see a difference because of the spam of numbers being thrown around from a body. Otherwise you're likely not going to see that big of a difference besides technical numbers and nonsense from details than with actual gameplay.

Have it at 120% is just not needed. How are you going to shoot 20% more bullet? Would there magically be a chance to shoot 3 with one shot?

100% would be cap for rifles since it'll be a 100% chance to shoot two bullets at once. The only reason why I see that the Pistols have a 120% Barrel Diffusion is because the Broncos are shotgun-type, which would actually benefit from 120% more (7 pellets base with a single Bronco would bring it to about 15 with 120%), otherwise you're better off just leveling Barrel Diffusion at 100% to ensure every shot has two bullets per shot.

Have it at 120% is just not needed. How are you going to shoot 20% more bullet? Would there magically be a chance to shoot 3 with one shot?

This is exactly what happens with 120% Multishot on [Edit: Non-Bronco-]pistols. It effectively boosts your damage on average by 120% by making you shoot at least two bullets at once with a 20% chance of a third bullet. It actually works just like crit, mathematically speaking.

Edited by 101blubb

Uhh...

Key Word, "MOST".

MOST Full Auto guns suck.

Braton(Prime) and Boltor are the exceptions, Grakata I've heard is workable if you don't mind its flaws.

(A)Furis, though.... meh.

Kinda Meh about the Gorgon. I've heard people praise the gun up and down, but all I ever found it to be is an ammo vacuum, where you're literally littering the floor with spent cartridges.

Maybe that's what the gun is for -- trip enemies up on spent cartridges.

At least sniper rifles should have some way to get that last 10%, to give them the consistency they ought to have. They could either just straight up buff Split Chamber or tack it onto another nightmare mod, with +2.5% at rank 0 and +10% at rank 3.

Point Blank is Raw Damage, No Return is Armor Piercing Damage. You really can't compare the two.

Now, I assume you mean Flechette? Yes, that is 90%. However you must realize that pellets do very little damage compared to pistol bullets, its % needs to be higher to give an actual meaningful return. The HIGHEST damage Pellet in the game is the Hek's which does 13 damage per pellet. 30% of 13 is only 4 damage. That wouldn't even be worth sticking on the gun.

Why does it matter how much damage single pellets do. You should be comparing the damage of every single pellet in a shot against the damage of one bullet. Any % damage modifiers will give the same return on both bullets and pellets because it is a % damage modifier. The only difference between bullets and pellets is that there are bullets that pierce armor without a mod. As far as I know there are no pellets that pierce armor.

Edited by whitejackale