Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ironclad Charge and Iron Skin

Repiru

Question

So I'm seeing a lot of people putting Ironclad Charge on their Iron Skin build. Researched about it and it's great. Although I have one question on my mind. Since Ironclad Charge is affected by duration, will the armor I got from that be taken away after it's duration on my Iron Skin, or will it stay there?

7 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Razmtoh said:

Iron Skin will add the armor value from the time of casting to its health. Even if your armor decreases after Iron Skin was cast, the bonus health still remains.

So I don't really need duration then?

On 7/11/2017 at 2:57 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Not for Ironclad Charge, no, but your Roar and Stomp would appreciate some (along with your Squad), I'm sure.

Yeah but I do have separate builds though. So meaning I can do a negative duration on my Iron Skin build w/ Ironclad Charge on it since it doesn't really subtract health from my Iron Skin after the Ironclad Charge's duration?

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Uh ... sure, I guess?

But TBH, if all you want is to be invincible, might as well use a different Frame like Valkyr / Chroma / Wukong.

A Rhino build focused solely on Iron Skin is just such a waste of his potential, IMO. But hey, you do you.

TBH yeah do you have a point but I'm kinda bored with my chroma/valkyr. Should try Wukong. is he good?

31 minutes ago, Repiru said:

Should try Wukong. is he good?

Well, he's immortal.

That's ... pretty much it.

Useful for Boss Sorties and using stuff like Penta / Ogris / Kulstar with reckless abandon, but other than that? Eh.

31 minutes ago, Repiru said:

I'm kinda bored with my chroma/valkyr.

I mean, maybe that's something inside of you telling you to try something other than a pure tank? :P

You can have lots of fun with e.g. max Range CC and / or Squad-support-focused builds,
e.g. Oberon, Icy Avalanche Frost or Capacitance Volt can lock down a room all the while making the whole Squad tankier,
Bastille (or on lower levels, Tesla) spam Vauban is pretty ridiculous, Nova's Molecular Prime (also Antimatter Drop) is still amazing,
you can be decently tanky with a Shield Of Shadows Nekros while giving the whole Squad increased drops / Health (and shredding Armor),
nuke builds can be fun, e.g. Equinox / Saryn / Octavia are at least a little more involved than just press 4 to win,
Inaros is naturally tanky as **** but can still CC like a pro and even be a decent-ish Squad healer,
a max Range Prolonged Paralysis Valkyr is a neat CC alternative to the common Eternal War tank, ...

There's plenty of options, just sayin' :D

Edited by NinjaZeku