Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Cutscenes and Character Freezing

Bluntzkrieg420

I like the idea of the boss cutscenes, but it is very annoying to be frozen at a seemingly random range from the boss and be unable to move, attack, or use abilities even if/when you skip the cutscene. This was even more annoying on the Eris boss when an Ancient Disruptor came up to me while I was frozen and killed my shields/energy. Not sure if the character freezing is intentional or not but if we have to be frozen for the cutscenes I would appreciate a way of turning them off. This probably isn't such a big deal in groups but solo it can be a death sentence.

Or, even more annoying while soloing, the cutscene freezes you and Phorid (the boss) shoots his homing-through-walls shield-ignoring poison bolts and kills you from 400 hp while you can't move. Awesome.

Edited by Bluntzkrieg420

This is incredibly irritating. I once skipped the cutscenefor Pholid and found myself surrounded by chargers and unable to move for several seconds. Barely made it out alive. It seems it makes you wait for other players to finish with the cutscene even if you skipped it, but allows enemies to move and attack in that time.

The cutscenes are an ok addition, but only for the first time. I have very little interest in seeing them over and over again, i just want to get started. The current system very much reminds me of spacebar spamming in D3.

"Yeah Tyrael, thank you very much for sharing your emotional problems with me for the hundredth time, but just leave me be!".

And the bug about not being able to move, even if you skip the scene is very irritating indeed. I'd like an option to not display these scenes at all if possible, they really aren't that engaging. And even if they were, you will just tire of them.

I like the cutscenes, but everything should freeze. Another solution would be to put bosses in their own rooms and not start the cutscene until everyone is inside. Then, and only then, start spawning the boss's henchmen

Sort of like the jackal then? Not a bad idea given I was shot from full shield/health to faceplant because someone just had to rush to the boss and see if it was wearing a leotard this time, running through everything while the remaining three Tenno had to clear the army that was chasing him... and then the mobs decided to turn around during the cutscene.

Sort of like the jackal then? Not a bad idea given I was shot from full shield/health to faceplant because someone just had to rush to the boss and see if it was wearing a leotard this time, running through everything while the remaining three Tenno had to clear the army that was chasing him... and then the mobs decided to turn around during the cutscene.

this might sound like a good idea, but it can become a really nasty problem as well: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/8244-jackal-issue-with-unresponsive-players/

the ideal solution would be to freeze the mobs during cutscenes, or, if one player skips it, it skips for everyone else as well (like the mission intros)

• 2 weeks later...

All they need to do is stop everyone so no problems happen.

It's very strange that they didnt do this to start, maybe that's a bug because im sure during testing SOME ONE had to notice the enemies can still move while you are there waiting for the thing for play.

But i have gotten a bug recently where the screen just flashes black for a second and i can still move while everyone waits for the thing to play so i become the babysitter for a bit making sure no one dies.

I usually play solo, so while annoying, you dont actually die during them. But yesterday i went and did some coop and it was horrid. It seems that the first person to trigger the cutscene gets immunity while the rest just get frozen and beaten on by enemies and no cutscene at all. It really needs fixing fast.

Also i agree they should be completely removed after you beat the boss for the first time. This is a boss farm game, watching that scene 40 times in a row during single evening gets old really fast.