Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow low-level missions to be played at higher levels

GMDApple

Title. Some players just want to visit old tile sets but still have fun doing so. The level of the missions should be based off your MR (ex: MR14 users would face level 100 units).

Sticking with DE's "no XP farming" motto, you could just not get XP altogether, or just make it so that you need all level 30 gear to get into these high-level variants.

Tell me what you think.

2 hours ago, Minion135 said:

Level 14 MR face level 100 enemies? That's some crazy scaling. What the heck are MR 23/24 supposed to die? Fight 200+ on EVERY mission? o_o And how would this even work since an MR 0 can play with an MR 24?

Level 100 enemies aren't as tough as you think, they're actually pretty easy. MR23/24 players have access to all/a lot of the weapons. They should be able to not have too much trouble.

EDIT: We could have a cap on the level of the enemies so that it's not too extreme, or we can make it so that the player chooses the level of the enemies. It's similar to how you choose the level of enemies in the simulacrum.

We could make it so that you're locked out of using high-level missions until your reach a certain MR, and the host's MR is what should be the main deciding factor.

Edited by GMDApple
change of thought

47 minutes ago, GMDApple said:

Level 100 enemies aren't as tough as you think, they're actually pretty easy. MR23/24 players have access to all/a lot of the weapons. They should be able to not have too much trouble.

EDIT: We could have a cap on the level of the enemies so that it's not too extreme, or we can make it so that the player chooses the level of the enemies. It's similar to how you choose the level of enemies in the simulacrum.

We could make it so that you're locked out of using high-level missions until your reach a certain MR, and the host's MR is what should be the main deciding factor.

A mass of level 100 enemies with only one MR 14 player, plus several MR 0-6, could be a mission-ender. For MR 23/24, if MR 14 is who has level 100s, how the heck are you going to deal with starting enemy levels around 200 in endless missions? Particularly since not everyone in a group, outside of a very strict pre-made group, will be MR 23/24. Restricting the missions people can do based on MR is a bad idea, I think. You can still have powerful gear with relatively low MR. Forcing whoever's host to be the deciding factor of enemy levels means you'll never know what level mission you're getting since you don't choose the host outside of pre-made groups.

Edited by Minion135

1 minute ago, GMDApple said:

You know you're not forced to join other people's groups...

So you want an MR 14 to play SOLO against enemies starting at level 100, and MR 23/24 to play solo against enemies starting around level 200? Loki Master Race with Covert Lethality daggers will be the only way to ever live against anything lol

As I said before, level 100 enemies aren't as tough as you think. You can easily do it without Loki + Covert Lethality, all you need is a good mod set up to live.

Also as I said before, it's supposed to challenge you. Do you really want everything to be easily one-shotted?

EDIT: Also now that I notice, why are you saying level 200 enemies? MR24 players can only face enemies that are 150 and below. The formula is (MR * 5) + 30

Edited by GMDApple
error404

2 minutes ago, GMDApple said:

As I said before, level 100 enemies aren't as tough as you think. You can easily do it without Loki + Covert Lethality, all you need is a good mod set up to live.

Also as I said before, it's supposed to challenge you. Do you really want everything to just be a one shot kill everything??

I know you can do it with a Loki + covert. That's only in non-endless missions, though. In endless missions, there's no way to last against a decent number of waves with randoms, let alone by yourself. You're talking about making the game unplayable for low MR people and providing insane hurdles to jump through for them to break into high MR.

1 minute ago, Minion135 said:

I know you can do it with a Loki + covert. That's only in non-endless missions, though. In endless missions, there's no way to last against a decent number of waves with randoms, let alone by yourself. You're talking about making the game unplayable for low MR people and providing insane hurdles to jump through for them to break into high MR.

I really don't think you see the point. Low MR people can just play the game normally. It's a CHOICE between regular and high level missions. Besides, they won't have access to high level missions until a certain level or MR.

6 minutes ago, GMDApple said:

I really don't think you see the point. Low MR people can just play the game normally. It's a CHOICE between regular and high level missions. Besides, they won't have access to high level missions until a certain level or MR.

I see the point, but I don't see how it's viable. You didn't say anything about a choice before. You just said to let enemy levels scale with MR, and then to lock content for low MR players. I just don't see how it can realistically work. Endless missions already let you get up to fighting ridiculously powerful enemies, and anything else could just be stealth solo'd with covert lethality, making the enemy levels irrelevant.

3 hours ago, GMDApple said:

Sticking with DE's "no XP farming" motto, you could just not get XP altogether, or just make it so that you need all level 30 gear to get into these high-level variants.

I have stated that already.

Going back to what you said, it's supposed to be fun and challenging. I really don't think that you'd even get to base Mot Level enemies on earth survival in an hour. With this system now you can fight powerful Earth enemies instantly from the beginning and not have to waste a boring hour+ of one shoting enemies just to get powerful enemies.

7 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

...and anything else could just be stealth solo'd with covert lethality, making the enemy levels irrelevant.

You don't HAVE to stealth solo with covert lethality. Sure, that might be how you would play it and it might make your life 10x easier, but maybe others will want to do super squishy frames as a challenge. As I have stated multiple times, this is to be CHALLENGED and/or have FUN.

EDIT: I'll add even more to the topic. Let's say you really like the Jupiter tileset and really like extermination. With the current system, you can only fight enemies that can be easily beaten. If we apply my idea, you can now do a high-level extermination on Jupiter.

Edited by GMDApple

18 hours ago, GMDApple said:

I have stated that already.

Going back to what you said, it's supposed to be fun and challenging. I really don't think that you'd even get to base Mot Level enemies on earth survival in an hour. With this system now you can fight powerful Earth enemies instantly from the beginning and not have to waste a boring hour+ of one shoting enemies just to get powerful enemies.

You don't HAVE to stealth solo with covert lethality. Sure, that might be how you would play it and it might make your life 10x easier, but maybe others will want to do super squishy frames as a challenge. As I have stated multiple times, this is to be CHALLENGED and/or have FUN.

EDIT: I'll add even more to the topic. Let's say you really like the Jupiter tileset and really like extermination. With the current system, you can only fight enemies that can be easily beaten. If we apply my idea, you can now do a high-level extermination on Jupiter.

Nightmare mode missions already sort of fill this niche, don't they? Letting you do tougher stuff on any place you've done every node at least once.

7 minutes ago, GMDApple said:

In my opinion they don't do it well. They're just slightly tougher missions with modifiers.

Also on a completely unrelated note I somehow just went onto the forums as you posted haha.

GET THE FU- OUTTA MY HEAD, CHARLES! Please tell me you know what I'm referencing. XD

Hm. Seems Nightmare mode actually got buffed at one point, too.

"All enemies encountered in Nightmare Mode have significantly increased levels, as well as massively increased damage and enemy spawns compared to their standard levels. Ciphers may not be used during Hacking and any summoned allied Specter will immediately be hostile to all players (except Shockwave MOAs spawned from a MOA Cabinet Spawner). Environmental Hazards can also appear as usual." Plus, of course, the modifiers on top of all that.

The increased damage is negligible at best, especially at lower levels. I wouldn't really say it's a massive increase at all. In addition it's only +10 levels. Even at high levels the scaling isn't that extreme until past 100. Even then the enemies aren't really that much of a problem because shields/armor can be removed easily with the right mods.

Not being able to use ciphers isn't really a problem... at least for me. It may be different for someone else.

Specters? Never really see those being used, but for those that do use them, they probably wont after the first time.

Environmental Hazards can appear anywhere really, nothing new there. Modifiers, while annoying aren't really game changing to many. To those that are annoyed by them, they just have to adjust and maybe change up their mods.