Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sinister Reach vs Firestorm on Ignis

RyanGo

Question

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, RyanGo said:

Can anyone speak on the differences? Any opinions or preferences?

I may also just put a speed trigger mod on it but I already have vile acceleration.

Both are pretty useless in my opinion, the ignis already has 20m range, do you really need to go up to 32m ?

According to the wiki :

Sinister Reach can also be equipped on the Ignis, greatly increasing the range of its central beam. This will also move the spherical AoE forward by the same distance.

This also extends the maximum length of the rectangular "puff" each time the weapon is fired.

The radius of the spherical AoE can be increased with Firestorm.

This will NOT affect the width of the rectangular "puff".

Unless I'm mistaken:

Sinister Reach increases the length of the fire cone; you'd be able to hit things farther away from you.

Firestorm increases the width of the fire cone; you'd be able to hit things farther away from your crosshair.

I'd personally say Sinister Reach would be more effective, since it increases your effective range. That said, if you stay up-close with the enemies, Firestorm would be able to catch more enemies in the flames at once.

If you go for full utility and no damage, use both. Sinister reach increases the distance the flames can travel. Firestorm increases the thickness of the flames so you can hit more enemies on the sides of your screen.

Corrosive-blast and viral-radiation are dope combinations. Strip armor and cc people, or strip half their health and make them shoot each other.

Off-hand I decided to look up what the wiki had to say on the matter:

• The Ignis' hit detection is composed of two parts:
    • A perfectly accurate central beam that reaches up to 20m. This beam has a 2m Punch Through.
    • A ~5 meter spherical AoE that appears at the end of this beam.
  • The central beam will deal the listed damage of the weapon. The spherical AoE will deal 0.50x the listed damage.
  • When the Ignis begins firing, it creates an initial "puff" over a rectangular AoE that will deal a single tick of damage. This can hit enemies that the continuous beam and spherical AoE would otherwise miss.
    • This rectangular AoE has a width of ~10m (reaching ~5m on either side), rapidly extending to a length of 20m as Fire Weapon is held.[further experimentation needed]

• Sinister Reach can also be equipped on the Ignis, greatly increasing the range of its central beam. This will also move the spherical AoE forward by the same distance.
    • This also extends the maximum length of the rectangular "puff" each time the weapon is fired.
  • The radius of the spherical AoE can be increased with Firestorm.
    • This will NOT affect the width of the rectangular "puff".
  • Adding Heavy Caliber as a second Serration results in an increase of damage. The reduction of accuracy will cause the beam to slightly waver, which is a negative for most weapons, but is arguably a benefit for the Ignis as the effective AoE spread will widen slightly.
    • The loss in accuracy is small enough that the central beam will still land headshots consistently at maximum distance, even with Sinister Reach equipped.

Also for reference I am actually going for a Damage ignis (inadvisable though it may be) because I run it with my ember prime that runs a 5.2x accelerant damage boost. Without Accelerant my damage is currently ~11k heat dps, so with it it comes up to be ~55k heat dps. The rest of my loadout (which I call Cleaning Crew) is an atomos and twin basolk that both deal mostly heat damage and some corrosive. I also have a carrier prime to deal with ammo issues.

About a Month (or less) ago, I saw the Torid in a Youtube video.

If according to Sinister Reach, the mod should have increase the range of weapon, (not just firing range(not sure that is what you mainly call it in WarFrame).

Sadly I no longer play Torid, good time it was, just not so good years ago, I recalled.

I'm a big ignis user myself. Here is a great yet simple picture guide for it. I wouldn't personally put 2 firerate mods on it as you will just pee ammo away at an excessive rate. Using just vile already makes it pretty hard to keep up with it and that's using carrier converting ammo. The second you get into enemies that aren't dead immediately you will go out of ammo very quickly.

On 40+ enemies I will usually not use either and just stick with keeping status around 100% and stacking damage. If its lower then 40 stuff I will always fit at the very least reach on it but ultimately I like to use both in those cases.

rTJDzBt.jpg

Edited by Coaa
  • Like 2