Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Determining Mastery Rank Requirements for Prime Part Components

(XBOX)cubeof11

Question

How can I determine the Mastery Rank requirements for individual crafting components of Prime items?  It seems that they can differ from the built weapon's Mastery Rank (so looking at the Warframe wiki is insufficient), and I'm trying to determine where we can find this information, whether it is in-game or external, so I can plan my next gameplay steps.  Would I have to ask someone with a low Mastery Rank that has that item in inventory (from opening Relics) to look at the Foundry and see if crafting is blocked by a "Mastery Locked" message?

For context, I'm trying to acquire Glaive Prime before Update 21 arrives on consoles, which will cause the Mastery Rank requirement to rise from 0 to 10 (I'm currently Mastery Rank 8).  When I type [Glaive Prime] in chat, the pop-up description does not indicate a Mastery Rank requirement, while [Euphonia Prime] (for example) displays a Mastery Rank requirement of 14.  I was able to receive the necessary Glaive Prime Blade and Glaive Prime Disc components via trade.  When I tried to trade for the Glaive Prime Blueprint, the other party stated that a Mastery Rank requirement prevented that item from being added to the trade.

Thanks for your advice; I'm hoping to avoid future trading drama situations.

4 answers to this question

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank
Search "Equipment Unlock" (CTRL+F) and click the down arrow/next once (etc.) you'll see a chart. Not sure how updated it is but it has pretty much everything there, primes included.

Though yeah, an option to see required mastery rank for such items in-game would definitely be a big help for new players.

Edited by Trowicia

I believe it's the blueprint that is mastery locked because you can build the weapon with that, but not the pieces because they are just pieces.

Anyway, there's not any real way that I can think of to avoid finding out before hand, short of using the wiki and actually looking at the weapon rank.

I know you can type [Glaive Prime] in a chat and look at the link to determine the rank of the weapon before you purchase it, Glaive Prime shows Mastery 10 is required. Go off of that for the main blueprint being locked as well.

Thank you for the replies, but it looks like I wasn't clear enough in my original explanation.  I am encountering a discrepancy between the stated Mastery Rank for the weapon and the trading requirements enforcing a different Mastery Rank for the blueprint.  I have been able to craft or acquire other weapons that will have their Mastery Rank raised above my current Mastery Rank in Update 21 (which hasn't been released yet for consoles), including Mara Detron (thanks to TennoCon), Kohmak, Akbronco Prime (traded for the Akbronco Prime Link), Pyrana, and Twin Kohmak.  I'm having trouble doing the same for Glaive Prime, which currently shows as Mastery Rank 0 in-game (no requirement displayed).