Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats going on with Kingpin?

(PSN)cjdreadful

I've been patiently waiting for a major overhaul of the dojo and when they began talking about the king pin system I got super excited. Almost as excited as I was to see the Umbra reveal. Yet I didnt see ANYTHING about king pin missions being mentioned at tennocon. Did I not get a memo? Is this still a thing or did they scrap it completely for that 4 man ship idea? You think if they were still pursuing it they would've had something to show at tennocon.

Just now, (PS4)horridhal said:

Seems like PoE and Umbra pushed it back.  They'll probably continue working on it at some point but, right now, PoE is the big thing.

Either that or they could bring everything in all together in the PoE update for a massive content release (If they have the ability to that is).... who knows, good question for next Devstream though!

Maybe they knew that kingpin will be played just like how every missions are played now.... but PoE is something different and it does bring warframe to a new direction, hence they pick PoE over kingpin.

That seemed a big update aswell because they teased with the king pin system a new ship docking system and a greater ship control with large ships and a better orbiter. In that update they teased aswell some new stuff for the dojos and clans overall but that seems now pushed back or delayed because the PoE coming soon. Maybe this can be implemented with the PoE but I guess they will use that idea later and release it when they finished PoE. I doubt they scrapped that idea but it is not an absurd idea thinking by the DE's head because the focus system refresh and tweaks also pushed back and the rails and dark sector wars also dormant by a year or two now and a lot of other stuff not finished yet. 

The equinox helmet is corrupted, also the ember, mag, etc deluxe skins (zeghyr) also waiting like the tenno shotgun. There are also pbr update missing and volt stil not got it's own cloth physics updates and still waiting for a deluxe skin. In this game never except anything to be done they usualy make one part that one part this one part those etc and in the far future they finish it if they ever finish it.

The 4 man ship thing was planned to be shown at Tennocon and it is a part of the kingpin system as well. It was not ready to show off though so it was held back until a future update. DE plans to release both the kingpin system and the darksector rework at the same time from the looks of it.