Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End game excal build

Pmueck3

Question

Hi guys , i'v been looking for an end game excalibur build that can survive for a fwew houres on Mot , i'm not incredibly great if it comes to builds so i wanne see what you guys have and perhaps test it out myself :) , also (if using chromatic blade) what element should i use for what faction ? 

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Pmueck3 said:

a fwew houres on Mot

Guidelines would be:

1) Naramon;

2) No defensive mods (and thus no Rage);

3) Try to max out your Strength and Efficiency and offset Blind Rage with enough Duration, so your EBlade is close to/on minimal sustain cost;

4) Chromatic for solo Mot is Corrosive + Blast with Condition Overload equipped.

I can post an actual full build if you don't like to figure stuff on your own.

Well... I posted my builds just recently for another player like yourself. Let me bring the quote over here and you can read it, also I posted the link to the thread below which has a decent amount of build info in several different comments.

Before we continue to the quote, here's a link to the Excalibur build on warframe-builder.com that matches my build. https://goo.gl/jE1GDJ

On 7/8/2017 at 3:58 PM, Alcatraz said:

I use this build for anything and everything out there. I do sorties with this build, I have done raids, high level 1 hour index I've done it with this build too.

I use quick thinking, vitality, and primed flow together so that when I do take hits I don't drop dead from 1 shot, rage to regain energy from the damage I do take, and I use a specific melee build to keep my health up, which repeats itself. Use health to gain energy, gain health using melee/exalted blade and keep going.

Since you are a founder, you'll be able to use the same amount of forma as I did.

https://goo.gl/6NuUr5

Switch Streamline out for Chromatic Blade augment when you wish to use the augment.

I put a more indepth description in the warframe-builder link if you go there and click for description.(click build title beside the 2 stars)

I use Nikana/prime just for the looks, but in it I use mods specifically for exalted blade.  https://goo.gl/ayPel9   In this link is the mods for a very specific build, does not work with chromatic blade augment, that augment actually ruins the build. The mods are meant for level 100-200+ enemies. Description has my other build that I actually use all of the time, but I will show you it here right now in a screenshot of it.

RJGdEAV.jpg

Life strike is unranked for the specifc reasoning that you deal so much damage that you can fully heal yourself upon 1-2 channeled hits with your Exalted blade that you won't need it max rank, and if it was max rank it would use a ton more energy.

Or you can use this set up with Chromatic Blade. Because with Chromatic Blade you will be dealing a lot of status effects so you will be constantly healing yourself with Healing return so that you do not need Life Strike at all. Thus saving energy from using a channel attack.

hLuwQas.jpg

The above elemental combo is for Grineer as they are armored, but; Change Shocking Touch to either Virulent Scourge, or to Molten Impact, and use Red energy color to use Heat that way you're dealing Gas damage with Chromatic Blade for fighting Corpus. They will love(hate) you for it ;)

I have over 500,000 kills with my Excalibur Prime, I use him almost every day, he performs very well in every kind of mission, just change a few mods to suit what you're taking on.

For an extra way to survive, consider ranking up the passive in the Naramon focus school when you complete "The Second Dream" quest.

I don't use it all that often because I regen my health and energy fast enough with how I have everything set up so I can take a good bit of damage without needing the Focus school passives.

Now I don't remember if I exactly covered what elemental type(or color) to use with Chromatic Blade if you do choose to use it.

As an extra tip, Corrosive for Grineer, as they are armored and you will hit them with enough procs to remove their armor completely, if you don't kill them first but the more times you hit them with Corrosive, the more damage you will do as their armor is reduced.

So use Toxin or Electric on your melee while you use Green(Toxin) or Blue(Electric) energy color on your Excalibur to change the elemental type of Chromatic Blade.

For Corpus you can use Red/Gold energy color for Heat, and use purely toxin on your melee for Gas when using Exalted Blade with Chromatic Blade Augment.

And Infested, use Corrosive again. Ancients take the most damage from Corrosive, smaller units are weak to gas, but it does no damage to ancient healers so you should use Corrosive instead of Gas.

Edited by Alcatraz

20 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Guidelines would be:

1) Naramon;

2) No defensive mods (and thus no Rage);

3) Try to max out your Strength and Efficiency and offset Blind Rage with enough Duration, so your EBlade is close to/on minimal sustain cost;

4) Chromatic for solo Mot is Corrosive + Blast with Condition Overload equipped.

I can post an actual full build if you don't like to figure stuff on your own.

would be a handy start to have an full build as example :)

only a blind build will help you in long Mot runs with Excal. arcane trickery is what I work with on my Excal + blind the only drawbacks are eximuses and poison ancients.

while he is a very versatile frame ( probably the best in the game) in versatility, it is highly recommended to equally be versatile and mobile when using him. I would also suggest wyrm prime sentinel  or dethcube to keep off the melee attackers for a quick getaway.

ps: practice makes it a bit more tolerable but its a hard style to conquer.

What I've used myself. It's based on the old build that used to make it to 2:30 solo Mot - prior to Chromatic and Condition Overload being introduced.

Frame (Energy color is Electricity):

Spoiler

Uflx2Bq.jpg

I have Arcane Strike on my syandana and I equip Arcane Pendragon when I use this build, however running yet another Arcane Strike on the helmet might be a better idea.

Weapon:

Spoiler

dBgG8JZ.jpg

Organ Shatter there is for fun purpose only (because Mire enables it), using Toxic/Electric 90% mod is likely to provide more DPS (albeit by a little, so Organ Shatter might get an upper hand in case of common headshots). You can sacrifice some damage for True Steel in order to make Naramon more reliable.

I am absolutely positive that 3 hours solo Mot is doable on this build. However, what comes after primarily depends on the current state of the scaling in Survivals. If nothing had changed, 4 hours should be possible too.