Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy reduction formula

Here to propose another formula for the energy reduction sortie condition. 

The current formula we have is very simple: 

Max energy (ME) = (Total energy (TE) + Flow mod (FM)) x 25%

The problem with this formula is that it heavily punishes builds without Flow mods as shown below. 

Builds with Primed Flow:
ME = (TE + FM) x 25% = (TE + TE x 275%) x 25% = TE x 93.75%
Builds with Flow:
ME = (TE + FM) x 25% = (TE + TE x 150%) * 25% = TE x 62.5%
Builds without (Primed) Flow:
ME = TE x 25%

So, with Primed Flow you end up at almost your orignal energy level, with Flow you end up with around 2/3 of your orignal energy level and without any Flow mod you end up with only 1/4 of your original energy level. 

The new proposed formula is here to make things a bit more balanced without removing the effects of Flow mods: 

ME = TE x 62.5% + FM x 5%

What we get now is:

Builds with Primed Flow:
ME = TE x 62.5% + FM x 5% = TE x 62.5% + (TE x 275 %) x 5% = TE x 76.25 %
Builds with Flow:
ME = TE x 62.5% + FM x 5% = TE x 62.5% + (TE x 150 %) x 5% = TE x 70 %
Builds without (Primed) Flow:
ME = TE x 62.5%

Percentage numbers are of course debatable but the main formula idea is here. 

Edited by (XB1)B2T PichuFrenzy

I disagree with this suggestion. The point of these conditions is to force players to change their tactics, and not cheese everything with ability spam on their favorite frame.

Not enough energy to cast your 4? Then mod for efficiency (which is always my priority when modding, so I never have problems with energy reduction). Or use tanky frames like Trinity or Chroma and mod for duration. Or use energy pads.

Explore other options that are available before suggesting a nerf.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)blueflameskY said:

I disagree with this suggestion. The point of these conditions is to force players to change their tactics, and not cheese everything with ability spam on their favorite frame.

Not enough energy to cast your 4? Then mod for efficiency (which is always my priority when modding, so I never have problems with energy reduction). Or use tanky frames like Trinity or Chroma and mod for duration. Or use energy pads.

Explore other options that are available before suggesting a nerf.

With my suggestion, you will lose 17.5% of your total energy if your build has Primed Flow, a mod that almost everybody doing sorties has. Please explain how this is a nerf of the condition. 

This suggestion was to keep builds without Flow mods in mind. Think about people running low energy frames like Nekros ending up with 37.5 energy. 

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)B2T PichuFrenzy said:

With my suggestion, you will lose 17.5% of your total energy if your build has Primed Flow, a mod that almost everybody doing sorties has. Please explain how this is a nerf of the condition. 

Doesn't matter what the numbers are, if it is reduced then it's considered a nerf.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)B2T PichuFrenzy said:

This suggestion was to keep builds without Flow mods in mind. Think about people running low energy frames like Nekros ending up with 37.5 energy. 

Then replace a mod with flow in the Nekros build? Or mod for efficiency? Which was my whole point? You are given the options to tackle these conditions in many different ways, and not exploring them is your problem, not a game design issue.

Like seriously man, if you're able to do sorties, the you've probably got a pretty decent kit, so you should be able to deal with these conditions with a little creativity. This is game already easy, don't remove what little challenge we have left