Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Unlink A Steam Account From Your Warframe Account Asked by KijaJouteh

nakogas

Question

9 answers to this question

The comments in that thread explained things really well, and none of them were unnecessary. In fact, they were all relevant and helpful. 

The answers to your question are in the thread you linked, did you need clarification on the answers given? 

Edit: Looking back more closely, not all of the replies in that thread are perfectly helpful, but multiple people answered your question very well there. I am confused what more you want us to tell you. 

Can you be a little more specific as to why the answers given in that thread do not satisfy your question? 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The comments in that thread explained things really well, and none of them were unnecessary. In fact, they were all relevant and helpful. 

The answers to your question are in the thread you linked, did you need clarification on the answers given? 

Edit: Looking back more closely, not all of the replies in that thread are perfectly helpful, but multiple people answered your question very well there. I am confused what more you want us to tell you. 

Can you be a little more specific as to why the answers given in that thread do not satisfy your question? 

not sure if you are trolling, or just making fun of the people who commented in the link 

Can you give us more specifics on your question? You pulled up a thread from literally years ago, and basically said that your question is similar to his, and that you don't find the many answers given acceptable. 

So what is your question then? What specifically is wrong with your account that you are trying to fix? What about your account is working in a way that is less than how you want it to work? What is the issue, and what are you trying to fix? 

What do you mean by it being "linked" and what do you mean by trying to "unlink" it that isn't explained in the thread you linked to? 

8 minutes ago, nakogas said:

please. if you don't know what the link is, don't comment.(which is literally a useless comment if you ask for questions in the section where i ask questions to solve my roblem.... wuht..=/?)

to all. if you do not know what steamlinking is. please do not comment. i am looking for help, not have the information to give the help

We know what steam linking is, but your question was answered in the other thread, so I'm not sure what you are still trying to figure out. This is why I am wondering if you mean something else when you say it is "linked". 

I will try to clarify it further and explain what they were saying. Your account isn't exactly "linked" per say, not exactly in the strictest definition. Your account sort of uses Steam as an overlay if you downloaded Warframe through Steam. As others have said in that thread, if you don't want your warframe account connected to your steam account (connected is probably a better word), you are going to want to uninstall warframe, and download it again through the website, as someone already said to do in the thread you linked. 

Your only other option is to contact support and ask them to do it manually for you, but support can take a very long time to answer, and they may not do something that trivial, when it is a problem you could solve yourself with a fresh install. 

So the responses in that thread did answer your question, unless I am misunderstanding your question, which is why I asked for clarification on what you are asking? 

And if you want help, and people don't understand your question, it is up to you to provide clarification if you want help. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

We know what steam linking is, but your question was answered in the other thread, so I'm not sure what you are still trying to figure out. This is why I am wondering if you mean something else when you say it is "linked". 

I will try to clarify it further and explain what they were saying. Your account isn't exactly "linked" per say, not exactly in the strictest definition. Your account sort of uses Steam as an overlay if you downloaded Warframe through Steam. As others have said in that thread, if you don't want your warframe account connected to your steam account (connected is probably a better word), you are going to want to uninstall warframe, and download it again through the website, as someone already said to do in the thread you linked. 

Your only other option is to contact support and ask them to do it manually for you, but support can take a very long time to answer, and they may not do something that trivial, when it is a problem you could solve yourself with a fresh install. 

So the responses in that thread did answer your question, unless I am misunderstanding your question, which is why I asked for clarification on what you are asking? 

And if you want help, and people don't understand your question, it is up to you to provide clarification if you want help. 

Thank you for your reply! As you said, i haven't explained the problem properly.(it\s been a long day. :) the problem I am experiencing is that i can not buy platinium without using the same exact steam account, i would like to buy the platinium from other steam accounts which i launch warframe launcher from. is there a way to fix this ?

thanks.

Just now, nakogas said:

Thank you for your reply! As you said, i haven't explained the problem properly.(it\s been a long day. :) the problem I am experiencing is that i can not buy platinium without using the same exact steam account, i would like to buy the platinium from other steam accounts which i launch warframe launcher from. is there a way to fix this ?

thanks.

Hmm... so you still sort of need to be connected somewhat to Steam, but not to the current Steam account you are connected to? Basically you need to be able to connected it to a different Steam account, so you can buy plat? 

In that case, I haven't tried this, but it sounds like it would work. This is easier to try if you have a fairly fast connection and dl's aren't a huge deal to you, try uninstalling the game, and then logging into the steam account you want to buy plat for warframe with, and then download warframe through steam while logged into that account. 

After that, I think you should now be able to buy plat for that account using the desired steam account. If this still does not work, then it would definitely be good to contact support. If they know your issue is that you are trying to buy plat and cannot, I am sure they will find a way to help you. :smile: