Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great melee mods for a warframe.

Gobna_

Question

I know that most melee build depend on their weapons. Any frames can go melee only its just at different efficiency. Like, The 160% Knockdown recovery time. You get knocked down a lot, so getting back up to bash some skull is pretty nice. tho... it does take up some slot of other proper mods. 

Regardless, Im talking about really nice melee mods that offers a nice synergy for people that want to go in up close and personal to slice and dice.
Edit: Though, lets remove the basics of adding Vigor, HP, Armor and Shield. Cause, those are nearly a requirement for those kind of playstyles.

Edited by AriettaMorgreim

6 answers to this question

Depending on your playstyle and warframe, you can sometimes manage to fit complete Knockdown-immunity, takes 3 modslots though (Fortitude, Sure Footed, Power Drift). That not only makes you immune to shockwave moas and the like, but also makes you resist all grappling hooks immediately as they will only pull you a step or two when they don't knock you down. Fortitude's Shield-Regen speed makes this work best with frames with lots of shields and a hit-and-run-playstyle. Pair that with a melee with strong slide- or jump-attack, and you got a nice assassination build that I sometimes use on my zephyr.

This of course only works against enemies below levels around 80. With rising levels their stats just don't allow anymore quick takedowns or extended meleeing, because they just outscale you. At that point, only hard CC or invincibility can help you in melee. 

Warframe mods related to melee are kinda eh... I recommend just running Inaros with his 4th Augment and a ton of health and armor. You can resists knockdowns with the augment and Inaros has benefits if you do melee finishers.

But if you want mods that can fit all frames, then they're kinda eh. Much more useful building on your abilities instead.

I enjoy Tidal Impunity on hydroid for immunity to knockdowns & all the procs that ignore your shield.
Speed Drift lets me get to my target fast and cast fast so I don't have to be exposed while in close range of enemies for too long.

Most just go with the immortal warframes like excal,inaros,nidus,chroma,ash,rhino and so on for melee combat since you don't need to think about how many you can take on, positioning or anything really. Just tap E and use your immortality/godlike damage powers.

So... I personally think the best melee-to-frame synergy happens when you can LOSE certain mods instead of certain mods to gain an ability; for example, using atlas with no knockdown instead of using handspring.  Another example is using Valkyr/ warcry instead of prime fury with the fragile prime hammer.  The one I have been using recently is a wukong with tipedo and instead of using life strike, I use condition overload.  

Basically, wherever a passive or ability takes place of a mod, it will open another damage mod slot on your melee.  Take advantage of this...

18 hours ago, AriettaMorgreim said:

I know that most melee build depend on their weapons. Any frames can go melee only its just at different efficiency. Like, The 160% Knockdown recovery time. You get knocked down a lot, so getting back up to bash some skull is pretty nice. tho... it does take up some slot of other proper mods. 

Regardless, Im talking about really nice melee mods that offers a nice synergy for people that want to go in up close and personal to slice and dice.
Edit: Though, lets remove the basics of adding Vigor, HP, Armor and Shield. Cause, those are nearly a requirement for those kind of playstyles.

If your whole problem is knockdown, then power drift is your best friend.

it is actually very hard for you to get knocked down when you are in melee. ( right click to block ( default ) )

and dodge the rocket with double crouch to the side.

Currenrly the easiest meta for Melee

is using status weapon. and frames that can cc.

Why ?

1. Use condition overload ( + 60% dmg for every negative buff )

go saryn / ember prime and tada you can enjoy dealign quite high dmg

2. use healing return

heal 11 hp / hit pnm enemy affected by status

for frame :

sadly not much, jsut more health and armor. nothing much