Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE HELP

(PSN)Im-Frxeze

Question

i have been stuck on the new strange for such a long time now im on the step Synthesize 3 Elite Arid Lancers on Mars for Simaris and i have no clue how to do this i have looked at many videos and tried multiple times but i dont know where or how to find the arid lancer please help im on ps4

3 answers to this question

As I'm on PC and not PS4, I can't help you directly, but I can give you some pointers on what you're looking for and how to do it.

1: The elite arid lancer you're looking for is no ordinary elite arid lancer; it's a simaris target. These can be identified by their abnormally high health pools and a blue outline/effect on them. In order to synthesize them, you'll need synthesis scanners. these can be bought from cephalon simaris in any relay(but not maroo's bazaar); I believe it's 5,000 credits for a single pack of 25. I'd also recommend picking up some kinetic siphon traps. They're not necessary, but will definitely help.

2: Since this is a quest for simaris, you may need to go to a specific quest node. I can't remember that part of the new strange. If you do, go there, but if you don't, any node that uses the desert tileset should work.

3: Finding the target you need to synthesize will be the hardest part; you'll need to equip your synthesis scanners and siphon traps to the gear wheel(accessed via arsenal) before entering the mission, and once you're in the mission, equip the synthesis scanner and aim with it. You'll probably see a little swirly thing on the ground that points in a direction; follow the swirly things and they should take you to the synthesis target. Barring that, just go around the mission and aim your synthesis scanner around; you don't actually need to follow the swirlies to find it, because if you aim in the general direction of one with a synthesis scanner, cephalon simaris wilh pop-up on communications and mark it for you.

4: once you DO find the synthesis target, get near it and 'equip' a siphon trap through the gear wheel; this should drop one on the ground and it will lift the synthesis target up, immobilizing them. Then, take out your synthesis scanner (it may be autoequipped, after using a siphon trap, synthesis scanners are sometimes auto-equipped) and aim it at the synthesis target. it should have a few glowing green spheres on it; 'fire' your synthesis scanner at the spheres by holding down the fire button, and you will scan each point. Once all 4 are scanned, simaris will take them in a very star-trek esque fashion and congratulate you on being a good little tenno or something. You'll also get an OK chunk of standing from him.

If you can't find an elite arid lancer target at all, you might want to talk to simaris to see if the quest wants you to talk to him before scanning things. I seem to remember a hang-up for me somewhere in that section of the quest.

If all else fails, your instance of the quest may be glitched; I'm not sure about ps4 but PC had major hiccups with the new strange, before, after, and during the specters of the rail update. If your quest is glitched, support will likely be able to fix your quest one way or another, either by force-advancing the quest stage or adding required items to your inventory.

Hope this helps.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Im-Frxeze said:

i have been stuck on the new strange for such a long time now im on the step Synthesize 3 Elite Arid Lancers on Mars for Simaris and i have no clue how to do this i have looked at many videos and tried multiple times but i dont know where or how to find the arid lancer please help im on ps4

The guide above is rly good. If you still cant do it, inv me on PS4 and I´ll help you.

My advice is to go on an exterminate mission with grineer on mars in order to look around, The synthesis scanner will make a trail to show where the target is and if you're close to the target Simaris will indicate that there is a synthesis target. I was confused at the beginning when starting the quest, but eventually i just had to take my time and eventually i was able to get the targets and proceed with the quest.