Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to Disable Earth additional LOD

raven2k01

I think ur not using LOD properly: " Level of detail involves decreasing the complexity of a 3D model representation as it moves away from the viewer or according to other metrics such as object importance, viewpoint-relative speed or position."

disabling the LOD system will result in hindered performance.

Edited by AnonMarc

Perhaps this is more decreasing the physics and animation of the objects.  Lighting, texture maps, particle effects. What I was trying to refer to is the fact that the objects now require significantly more calculations and as a result the number of calculations for a give distance are much higher than before.  This would cause a performance drop.  Example:  let's say a LOD of 100m from the player a given space might normally require 100 flops to complete all the operations for the calculations of the obects.  Now because of the enhanced details they take 250 flops.  In this case a user may want to disable added graphics features to maintain less resouce drain on their system.

Edited by raven2k01

I think Steve said something about them working on a setting to decrease foliage. But we may have to wait until the PoE update comes along for that.As for the other stuff (except animation quality) there should be some settings ingame to lower there quality?

edit: Earth specific setting i dont see that being a thing :c

Edited by AnonMarc

50 minutes ago, raven2k01 said:

Perhaps this is more decreasing the physics and animation of the objects.  Lighting, texture maps, particle effects. What I was trying to refer to is the fact that the objects now require significantly more calculations and as a result the number of calculations for a give distance are much higher than before.  This would cause a performance drop.  Example:  let's say a LOD of 100m from the player a given space might normally require 100 flops to complete all the operations for the calculations of the obects.  Now because of the enhanced details they take 250 flops.  In this case a user may want to disable added graphics features to maintain less resouce drain on their system.

Problem is u cant just disable the whole remaster. Assets/textures/materials were changed only thing that can be done now is wait until they make lower poly versions of the new earth assets (if they haven't already) for the "Geometry Detail" setting ingame to give u a bit more performance when setting it to low / Steve to make a "Foliage Detail" setting to be added later on / and maybe some more optimization with future patches. Another helpful setting that would help performance would be "Object draw distance" but that would hinder gameplay =/= not good .-. 

edit: testing out low everyting one earth. they could make lower res textures also lower quality materials on some things 

Edited by AnonMarc

Well the change is more than a few client changes, they completely changed the dynamics of the tileset, so it would be difficult to turn it back off via an option in the Display settings, typically games will be leaning towards focusing more on low graphics or high graphics and not really give as much love to the other, (A low game focusing on performance and not really giving the high graphics settings that extra oomf and a high game focusing on having impressive graphics but not really giving performance that extra love that some systems need) warframe is slowly switching from low to high, Ideally, warframe will eventually make it so that the game on low graphics looks like Warframe use to before anything started to look super good and reworked, with simpler geometry no shaders ect., but warframe on high graphics will look like Plains of Eidolon x 5. It would be super satisfieing to be playing Warframe on low graphics for so long, then buying a new 2k alienware gaming computer, downloading warframe, setting everything to max, and

V7SRSfj.jpg

But for now a lot of those effects are just part of the tileset as far as i can tell, being a coder. Maybe they'll have something in the PoE update coming some time in August that will let you turn the RWG graphics off.

Edited by TennoHack