The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Can I Progress Further in the Game?

Alquir

Question

Hi, I was wondering any tips or loadouts I could use to progress further in the game. I have just arrived at pluto and I use:

Frost MAX: Physique +12, Redirection 11, Thiefs Wit 6, Steel Fiber 8, Vitality 7, Flow 5, Fast Deflection 9

Mag MAX: Similar to Frost

Tigris MAX: Shell Compression unranked, Blunderbuss MAX, Flechette MAX, Accelerated Blast MAX

Gammacor 14: Deep Freeze unranked, Slip Magazine unranked, Pistol Gambit unranked, Ruinous Extension unranked

Broken War 21: Iron Phoenix, Pressure point MAX, Molten Impact MAX, Reach MAX, Parry unranked, Shocking Touch unranked,  Shattering Impact unranked, Relentless Combination unranked

I have Mag Prime in the foundry right now, about 15 hours away, are there any new weapons, frames, or mods I could use to progress further in the game?

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Alquir said:

Hi, I was wondering any tips or loadouts I could use to progress further in the game. I have just arrived at pluto and I use:

Frost MAX: Physique +12, Redirection 11, Thiefs Wit 6, Steel Fiber 8, Vitality 7, Flow 5, Fast Deflection 9

Mag MAX: Similar to Frost

Tigris MAX: Shell Compression unranked, Blunderbuss MAX, Flechette MAX, Accelerated Blast MAX

Gammacor 14: Deep Freeze unranked, Slip Magazine unranked, Pistol Gambit unranked, Ruinous Extension unranked

Broken War 21: Iron Phoenix, Pressure point MAX, Molten Impact MAX, Reach MAX, Parry unranked, Shocking Touch unranked,  Shattering Impact unranked, Relentless Combination unranked

I have Mag Prime in the foundry right now, about 15 hours away, are there any new weapons, frames, or mods I could use to progress further in the game?

Mods are half your battle in this game; therefore, here is a short list of mods you will want: *The underlined is mandatory*

Warframe:

• Fleeting Expertise, Narrowed Minded, Transient Fortitude, Streamline, Stretch, Intensify, Continuity (Primed), Flow (Primed)

Rifle/Sniper:

• Serration, Split Chamber, (Heavy Caliber), Point Strike, Vital Sense, 90% elemental mods, 60% dual stats elemental mods

Shotgun:

• Point Blank (Primed), Hell's Chamber, Blunderbust, Ravage (Primed), 90% elemental mods, 60% dual stats elemental mods

Secondary:

• Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Pistol Gambit (Primed), Target Cracker (Primed), 90% elemental mods, 60% dual stats elemental mods

Melee:

• Pressure Point (Primed), 90% elemental mods, 60% dual stats elemental mods

There are more, but these will be a good start.

It also depends of what path you choose Tenno, if you want to go for a balance game style, or you prefer to gear up for endless missions with friends in the Void or if you want to explore, level-up and gain MR.... there are as many different ways as Tenno, each with a list of interests, affinities and enjoyments... I would definitely recommend you Inaros (because is fun and a demigod in the battle field), Ivara which is a genuine source of joy when you're playing solo and you want to set your very own challenges (going undercover, using sleep arrows, exploring how you can dash-wire the entire map, etc).... I would also recommend you fun weapons, I love my Silva & Aegis with the Final Harbinger stance, throwing your shield at enemies, pirouetting frenziedly  and furiously is just too much fun, put a couple of Arcanes and a max leveled Berserk and wow, you really kick a*s and enjoy it... You maybe want to take the completionist path and try to complete the codex or your Mod collection, or clearing the star chart... so many ways you can go, so many paths you can enjoy and in which you might find the feeling of progressing you are looking for... 

Good luck, Tenno!

13 hours ago, Alquir said:

I'm going to focus on this, but try to do it in a way that helps you to figure out how to mod your other weapons.

The Tigris is a good weapon, and more than capable for where you are in the game.  But, it needs good mods.  The first mod on any weapon, should be the straight damage mod.  In this case, it's Point Blank (Prime).  If you don't have the primed version, the regular should be on there.  Next, you generally (99% of the time) want multishot mods.  For shotgun, it's Hell's Chamber.  If you have it, you will want it on the weapon.

The next step is generally to figure out what type of weapon it is:  Crit, Status, Hybrid, or straight damage, and to mod accordingly.  You're using Blunderbuss which grants plus 90% crit chance to the weapon, but the Tigris only has 5% crit chance.  So, this increases your crit chance to only 9.5%.  It's not a very good investment return.

For the Tigris, going straight damage is a good path due to the way shotgun status works (if it's not 100% status, it's not as good as advertised).  I see you have 2 damage mods in Flechette and Accelerated Blast.  But, I wouldn't recommend either of these for this weapon.  The reason for this is that the damage type of the weapon is slash, not puncture.  In selecting damage, you want to accentuate the positives and you want to consider elemental damage types.

Let's look at Flechette.  It adds 30% puncture damage.  That means that you're increasing the puncture damage only by 30%.  Puncture only makes up 10% of the total damage of the weapon, so you're only increasing the total damage by 3%.  If you use a 90% elemental damage mod, you'll increase the total damage by 90%.  So, instead of doing 1081.5 damage per shot (without Point Blank) with Flechette, you'd be doing 1995 damage per shot with a 90% elemental mod.  In short, I would never advise using a 30% impact, puncture, or slash (IPS) mod.  Accelerated Blast does increase your fire rate, which increases your DPS, but again, it's adding only 6% to your total damage when you can add so much more with an elemental mod.

Now, do this with your other weapons.  Add the damage mod, add multishot, then look at what type of weapon it is and decide whether you want to add crit, status, make a hybrid, or go straight up damage.  Good luck.