The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

After Update 9 The Game Is Almost Unplayable. (Performance, Lag, Stutter)

MrHeartless

For 2 reasons:

1. Low Performance- Since update 9 I have been getting some very large performance lag spikes that sometimes also come bundled with some terrible stuttering. My PC specs are modest( i7 3610QM, 8gbs RAM, GT 630M), however, when I first started playing Warframe I was able to run the game on medium comfrotably with all the bells and whistles enabled. Since then I have seen a gradual decline in performance that some have echoed. Due to this reason playing solo, while uncomfortable at times, is still feasible. Unfortunately solo is not my preferred mode of choice.

2. The Lag- I live in the Caribbean, so my region is closest to NA-East and from the time I started playing back in CB I was fine in that I could host and get no complaints most of the time. Since the update, everytime I end up hosting I get flamed for the lag which I also experience every, single, game that I am not hosting. It reduces the game to a slideshow, where my damage hardly registers. My connection has been upgraded since my days in CB, i have checked my ping, upload rate, firewall settings, ports etc and nothing has made any difference. It is the same during low traffic periods as it is at peak times. That lag makes the game unplayable in multiplayer and believe me I've tried. Its so bad, people exit games when I am hosting after flaming me for 5 mins on something I have no control over. While I dont need mp for certain things I do need it for most of the stuff otherwise its just not as effective, I fail outright or it takes 5x longer to complete. Matchmaking bugs aside(which I do get), I do not think the current system cant properly accomodate the desire this game has created.

In a clan with 2k+ people, I can hardly contribute to anything because everytime I join a game the host is more often than not from another region and if the lag for me is so bad in my own region, you can well imagine the lag I experience when the host is from Europe.

I'd like to spend money on this game but it plays vastly different from the way it did for me back in CB and early OB. I'll be getting a new comp by the end of the month but that would only take care of one problem, arguably the lesser of the two. So I'd like to know what are DE's plans regarding hosting and connections to players. The current setup is abysmal and going forward, isnt sustainable or conducive to the type of game Warframe is. I suspect games that use these types of setups usually region lock to avoid persons on the outskirts, like me from having access but since DE has not done that, does that mean they have plans to expand? How soon can we see this? Surely the PS4 version wont use the same type of connection setup?

Anyone else having the same problems?

I have no problems currently with all the same setting I had before (lots of stuff turned off since it makes things hard to see) 

Only frame drops I get is when I blow up ~40 enemies at the same time with Nova.

I have no problems currently with all the same setting I had before (lots of stuff turned off since it makes things hard to see) 

Only frame drops I get is when I blow up ~40 enemies at the same time with Nova.

Yea some people have noticed no change while over in the Performance Bugs section there seems to be alot like me with no real reason as to why its happening.

Edited by MrHeartless

Don't blame DE for your S#&$ty internet connection. I live on campus wifi which runs at about 25 kbps, and I still play with other players just fine.

Actually, my connection is a modest 5mbs, more than enough for gaming purposes. I test it everytime I get any problems with games, it is not the connection itself.

Edited by MrHeartless

I have not had any performance issues or any additional lag than before U9 here.

Same. Granted, I've always had everything on low or off even though my computer can handle high, because I personally think it looks better without the fancy stuff. As for lag, I've always had lag whether at home or school, so U9 didn't bring any extra (besides possibly on mobile defense missions where there are billions of enemies everywhere).

Most of the time I have been able to replicate said performance issues we're during HIGH mob infested mobile defenses. If i had to guess it's because of the physics of having that many different enemies dieing, floating, running, attacking, bouncing off stuff all at the same time. Other possible performance hogs could be Nvidia Physx and Dynamic Lighting. I do not know the ins and outs of the evolution engine, but those two have a history of performance issues in games even with high end systems and would be my first initial guess on a temp fix.

Through and through I've heard ALOT of people complain about the lag, especially during cross-region play. At this stage the game has a few hundred thousand players and is ever growing, with PS4 on the horizon. Yet, I have not heard any real plans in the pipeline to upgrade or install servers to handle the connections themselves even though many would agree it is sorely needed. No word on this at all in the last 3 livestreams that I've watched. Do they plan to address it at all or is the current system the way the game was meant to be and will stay?

It still requires extremely little this game. I can play, with all the specialties turned off, on my laptop which is a 2 - year old dell with the worst graphic card known to man.

Thats what I thought of this game initially, that it ran very well and looked extremely good to boot. Now, I do all I can to squeeze satisfactory performance out of it but to no avail.

My comp does fine for the most part since the update, but when there's a Nova on my team it tends to reduce to a sizzling puddle of liquid metal and plastic.

Thats another problem, not only that but it seriously blinds me lol. The particles it produces....

You say Warframe is unplayable. However, I've been playing it daily with a rig that isn't even as powerful as yours and with consistent framerate, comfortably so. Because I am able to play the game, it is impossible that a statement of unplayability could be true. You are, therefore, lying.

Do not blame the game for your hardware and regional situation.

You say Warframe is unplayable. However, I've been playing it daily with a rig that isn't even as powerful as yours and with consistent framerate, comfortably so. Because I am able to play the game, it is impossible that a statement of unplayability could be true. You are, therefore, lying.

Do not blame the game for your hardware and regional situation.

Um, did you even read the title, let alone the post? I said it was almost unplayable, I also said its not a universal problem because not everyone is affected by it but some people are.

It is fine if you have nothing to contribute but silence would suffice next time. Good day.