Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Alad V Boss Battle Is Poorly Designed

NebbyOtt

4 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

i would be honored to fight that boss with you if it's still up. Let me just try it a couple more times on my own first.

Of course. Once you complete the sorties, the missions are repeatable as many times as you want to do it. Id be happy to invite you to our teamspeak to explain a few things before hand if you want. Im sure there is somebody else who might still need to run it, so we can help them through it too. just pm me if you still want to do it

17 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

i said that that specific boss battle is broken by the sortie

You have to be careful about this statement too because the battle itself is identical to the non sortie version. The only difference in today's mission is that due to the nature of the modifier and enemy level, we do less damage than normal.... so the enemy takes a few more hits than the standard roflstomp and evac.

1 minute ago, Faulcun said:

You have to be careful about this statement too because the battle itself is identical to the non sortie version. The only difference in today's mission is that due to the nature of the modifier and enemy level, we do less damage than normal.... so the enemy takes a few more hits than the standard roflstomp and evac.

Well that is the way in which i thought it was broken, you couldn't do enough damage to him while he was vulnerable.

4 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

Well that is the way in which i thought it was broken, you couldn't do enough damage to him while he was vulnerable.

ok well if you still want to do it, let me know. Ive got too other people who still need to run it too

While I do side with "do the way you want", there are times where I had to admit to myself "this isn't going to work". This is a harsh reality that a lot of us don't like to look at, even me. The cause of it can vary: I'm not doing this right, I brought a ineffective loadout, or I'm simply not ready for this.

I agree that he has long invincibility, but in your case you and your other randies were fighting him wrong by constantly attacking him. M. Alad V is like Lech Kril, but more annoying.

7 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

While I do side with "do the way you want", there are times where I had to admit to myself "this isn't going to work". This is a harsh reality that a lot of us don't like to look at, even me. The cause of it can vary: I'm not doing this right, I brought a ineffective loadout, or I'm simply not ready for this.

I agree that he has long invincibility, but in your case you and your other randies were fighting him wrong by constantly attacking him. M. Alad V is like Lech Kril, but more annoying.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying i wasn't fighting him wrong, because i was, i'm saying that he's boring to fight normally, at it's very core it's, wait, kill the infested around, wait, OMGSHOOTSHOOTSHOO- wait, wait, kill the infested around, wait, OMGSHOOTSHOOTAAAHHH wait.... you know?

3 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

Just to clarify, I'm not saying i wasn't fighting him wrong, because i was, i'm saying that he's boring to fight normally, at it's very core it's, wait, kill the infested around, wait, OMGSHOOTSHOOTSHOO- wait, wait, kill the infested around, wait, OMGSHOOTSHOOTAAAHHH wait.... you know?

In that case, yea, he is. His openings should be more like Kela De Thaym and Sargus Ruk: open to damage at specific ques with enough time to do meaningful damage.