Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Change to Probation Periods and Ascension Altars

Aksyl

New members have a probationary period that prevents them from participating in clan Ascension (to prevent endo farming), this isn't so much a problem in the way it works right now, but it is not clearly communicated in game. Without the probationary period, this doesn't really hurt the clan, as the endo materializes from nowhere and is only accessible for 3 days, so this is just in place to prevent cheap endo from flooding the market. It doesn't actually prevent someone from dipping out the moment they got their endo, it basically just encourages the long con. Clan-hopping could hypothetically be a problem, but this system doesn't actually prevent it at all, it just makes it take longer.

At the very least, transparency is needed in a popup, as right now, no warnings exist ingame.

The bare minimum would be a popup explaining to people placing altars how probation works, and when eligibility begins for Ascension, at every stage of altar construction.

Now I presume that altars can be placed by anyone with decorator permissions, as it isn't communicated to me any other way in game right now, this needs to change. Clan staff should be required to have recruit/kick as well as decorator permissions to be able to begin the ceremony.

How would I go about preventing clan hopping in this instance?

Require some token level of participation. Contribute to a research project, see a decoration that one contributed to completed, duel your clanmates or leave some positive other mark on the dojo. I certainly hope we can see more ways a clan member can participate in the future.

Maybe clans shouldn't have the affinity themselves, but the affinity meter should be for the individual members of the clan, so in essence they end up taking out what they put in.

38 minutes ago, Aksyl said:

so this is just in place to prevent cheap endo from flooding the market

You can't convert endo into a sellable item anymore, to begin with. Ayatan Sculptures are already down to 5p or less, when filled.

The problem is clan hopping. That's it. Your proposal would do nothing but slow that down. Tacking on some meme about the market isn't going to help your suggestion because that's already not a problem.