Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow Feedback PS4

(PSN)Folkeye

Howdy and good afternoon DE

I'd like to add my opinion on the Chains of Harrow Quest Line.

Pros:

1. It was intriguing story-wise and I enjoyed learning a little on what could happen to a Tenno under different circumstances.

2. The atmosphere was well done and creepy. Kept waiting to be jumped by something (yay for playing some horror genre games!)

3. It was fairly emotional and one can relate to being an outsider.

Cons:

1. For me, in any game, having a damage dealing invincible monster of sorts is just never what I consider fun or challenging. It's that inflated difficulty you can't really do much about. The player isn't allowed to slow down said enemy, stun them, outrun them..... there's no technique or skill to that. It's just absorb the damage. The only time I enjoyed a scenario like that was running in Dead Space 1 from the big guy near the end.

Suggestion: Give the player a way to stun, immobilize or outrun an enemy even temporarily, especially if there is a secondary task at hand (capturing emotions). Getting the beat down just for damage sake isn't all that entertaining.

2. I like my operator and their involvement in the lore, but they are not fun to use solely in a combat. They are somewhat clunky and lackluster in their abilities and being able to survive.Hiding, running, trying to alternate invisibility with offense and limited energy is a chore. The fight took longer than needed and was a disappointing end over all. I was hoping for a good fight with Harrow (with my warframe of course) then in the end perhaps the operator comes out to 'free' Rell or something touching of the sort. Tenno to Tenno.

Suggestion: It's been a while since our operators have woken up. One would hope they've regained some more stamina by now. I do understand they are squishy humans, but they're imbued with interesting power. There shouldn't be a reason why over time they don't get more HP, or perhaps even inherit some sort of shielding, better yet, more energy or a faster recharge. I do hope they are more elaborated on if there are going to be more quests where they are the main control.

Over all though, I enjoyed the quest and story and thank you for continuing to come out with content to keep my coming back for more!

-Folkeye