Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus potential ?

Pmueck3

Question

Hi guys , 

I was wondering if there are any people out there with an amazing nidus build (+ weapons) that can easly go a couple of houres in mot solo (naramon without naramon doesn't matter) , i'v been trying to get my nidus any good but it just don't seem to get it 

3 answers to this question

I mean, Nidus is kinda braindead for long survivals. You can build pretty much anything you want as long as you're able to throw out your 2 enough times to CC whatever's too close. 

Use a high range build for open area CC and stack building. 

https://goo.gl/ShCkK5

You don't need efficiency because hitting I believe 4 enemies negates the cost of the 1's cast, and more enemies regenerate even more energy so he has infinite energy. Rage is just there so that if something like a Energy Leech eximus shows up you can let something try to kill you and thus use your abilities that way, since 15 stacks equals an extra life. Personally, I fill the empty spots with Flow and Streamlined Form. Capacity as a counter for leeches and mobility/dexterity for Nullifiers. 

Vitality, Steel Fiber, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Rage, Stretch and (Primed) Continuity to offset Transient Fortitude's negative duration. Power Drift in Exilus slot, and Growing Power if you have it in your Aura slot for more Power Strength (you'll need weapons with good status chance to use it to its full potential). You can swap Stretch for Overextended if you don't have a good handle on Virulence and Larva yet, though I'd advise against that, as Nidus is all about Power Strength, not range or duration, and Stretch is good enough, at least for me. Forget Efficiency mods, they're useless with Nidus, only 2 of his abilities use energy, Virulence and Larva, and once you know what you're doing, Virulence pays for itself and then some, and Rage ensures you can still get enough despite energy leech Eximi and their somewhat broken aura.

Nidus is all about outlasting, and often even outright insta-killing anything that gets in your way thanks to his insane killing power. The more enemies you face, the better. What you really need is good timing, positioning and spatial awareness to make the best of that monster, and that you can only learn by playing him a lot, against all factions, in as many different environments as possible. Use the map layout, create chokepoints where enemies have a hard time lining you up from a distance and have no other choice but to bunch up and close that distance to get to you, and try not to engage enemies when it's not on your own terms. You control the flow of battle, not the enemy. Ever. Do that and you will be unkillable, unstoppable.

Build stacks with Virulence, use Larva when enemies aren't bunched up enough, and when you see big groups closing in on you, don't hesitate to use Ravenous and wait for the maggots to swarm enemies, then use Virulence to blow everything up, dealing a lot of damage and building even more Mutation stacks in the process. Use Parasitic Link as much as possible on teammates to gain a huge Power strength boost (it stacks Power Strength multiplicatively, not additively), which will feed you Virulence and Ravenous even more, and on enemies if you want to reduce all incoming damage by 90% and be immune to negative status effects, as long as the linked enemy is still alive (enemies you target only take damage from enemies that attack you, so you can build up your melee combo counter on them too). Prioritize teammates that have the most use of Power Strength, since the Link also buffs them, or enemies that are hard to kill like Heavies to get a good meatshield on top of a dangerous enemy neutralized. Also, when you cast Virulence, the target of you Parasitic Link also casts it for no added cost at their position converging in the direction you cast it, which can be devastating if you can manage to put them between you and your enemies, or aligned with you.

The only problem can be nullies (as always...), but with AOE/fast firing weapons you can deal with them easily. The Hema and Zakti are my new best buddies against them. Hema with a Vile Acceleration works wonderson the bubbles, and the Zakti in insanely powerful, killing entire groups instantly. They're also status monsters, which helps with Growing Power and Radiation/Blast CC on enemies. Keep in mind that headshots with Hema restore you health, which is a big plus with Nidus. In the end, just use whatever loadout you're most confortable with.

That's how I use my Nidus, and it works wonders.^^

Edited by Marthrym

46 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

Vitality, Steel Fiber, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Rage, Stretch and (Primed) Continuity to offset Transient Fortitude's negative duration. Power Drift in Exilus slot, and Growing Power if you have it in your Aura slot for more Power Strength (you'll need weapons with good status chance to use it to its full potential). You can swap Stretch for Overextended if you don't have a good handle on Virulence and Larva yet, though I'd advise against that, as Nidus is all about Power Strength, not range or duration, and Stretch is good enough, at least for me. Forget Efficiency mods, they're useless with Nidus, only 2 of his abilities use energy, Virulence and Larva, and once you know what you're doing, Virulence pays for itself and then some, and Rage ensures you can still get enough despite energy leech Eximi and their somewhat broken aura.

Nidus is all about outlasting, and often even outright insta-killing anything that gets in your way thanks to his insane killing power. The more enemies you face, the better. What you really need is good timing, positioning and spatial awareness to make the best of that monster, and that you can only learn by playing him a lot, against all factions, in as many different environments as possible. Use the map layout, create chokepoints where enemies have a hard time lining you up from a distance and have no other choice but to bunch up and close that distance to get to you, and try not to engage enemies when it's not on your own terms. You control the flow of battle, not the enemy. Ever. Do that and you will be unkillable, unstoppable.

Build stacks with Virulence, use Larva when enemies aren't bunched up enough, and when you see big groups closing in on you, don't hesitate to use Ravenous and wait for the maggots to swarm enemies, then use Virulence to blow everything up, dealing a lot of damage and building even more Mutation stacks in the process. Use Parasitic Link as much as possible on teammates to gain a huge Power strength boost (it stacks Power Strength multiplicatively, not additively), which will feed you Virulence and Ravenous even more, and on enemies if you want to reduce all incoming damage by 90% and be immune to negative status effects, as long as the linked enemy is still alive (enemies you target only take damage from enemies that attack you, so you can build up your melee combo counter on them too). Prioritize teammates that have the most use of Power Strength, since the Link also buffs them, or enemies that are hard to kill like Heavies to get a good meatshield on top of a dangerous enemy neutralized. Also, when you cast Virulence, the target of you Parasitic Link also casts it for no added cost at their position converging in the direction you cast it, which can be devastating if you can manage to put them between you and your enemies, or aligned with you.

The only problem can be nullies (as always...), but with AOE/fast firing weapons you can deal with them easily. The Hema and Zakti are my new best buddies against them. Hema with a Vile Acceleration works wonderson the bubbles, and the Zakti in insanely powerful, killing entire groups instantly. They're also status monsters, which helps with Growing Power and Radiation/Blast CC on enemies. Keep in mind that headshots with Hema restore you health, which is a big plus with Nidus. In the end, just use whatever loadout you're most confortable with.

That's how I use my Nidus, and it works wonders.^^

hey thanks for the info , do you mind posting or pming me your builds for your nidus and weapons ? , would like to see what i could change on my builds