Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm Needs A Cc Buff

Swagadillo

No, he doesn't need damage. That's Dethcube's job. What Wyrm needs isn't a buff on his precepts. He needs a weapon mechanics buff. Rather than have Wyrm's bursts switch targets in between shots, Wyrm should just spread all his shots amongst as many targets as he can.

I'm not saying he's going to shoot everyone around. I'm saying his seven shot burst is going to target up to seven different targets. If he's going to be the Crowd Controlling sentinel he's designed to be, he should be made to have the potential to be the Crowd Control King rather than just wasting extra shots on an enemy we all know he'll never kill without some Tenno aid.

Applying ice and electrical damage to up to seven Corpeet Crewmen would go nice with his AoE ability, especially when there's more than seven guys to shoot like in a defense.

Seems better than having just one or two guys getting CC out of too many for Wyrm to handle.

This would be nice if his laser projectiles moved faster and were more accurate. But they don't, and they arent.

Honestly, I'm an avid Wyrm user (only sentinel I've forma'd, and twice at that), and I run him mainly for the Crowd Dispersion. His gun is terribly inaccurate; I've seen him miss a stationary heavy many times. His laser RIFLE needs to be similar to DERA and have 0 spread and recoil imo. As it stands I don't even equip Warrior on him because it's a drain on mod points I can use better on his survivability. I too have basic damage mods on his rifle for CC proccing but he doesn't hit often enough.

Edited by AureusVulpes

I personally think they should replace his laser attack with a grenade launcher. Granted, not a high damage one, but more of an EMP that has innate stagger and can affect multiple targets with a single blast (kind of like crowd dispersal but with range and affected by mods). It would emphasize his role as a CC sentinel since he can deal minor damage to and stagger multiple enemies at once instead of dealing high damage to one enemy at a time (Dethcube's role).

Alternatively, a lot of people like the idea of giving him a shotgun, so that could work too.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

The problem with the Wyrm is it needs better CC than Deathcube. Some may argue that Deathcube does not have CC, but he kills things. Once everything is dead the crowd is definitely controlled. Wyrm needs abilities that effect a large enough number of enemies fast enough that the Deathcube could not have killed them before they are CC'ed.

This idea would definitely help work towards that.

Edited by liavalenth

Alternatively, a lot of people like the idea of giving him a shotgun, so that could work too.

I love shotguns and this would make my day.

We lack a shotgun sentinel and his role is clearly short range beneficial.

Also, his description needs to be changed. He's not "highly offensive". Dethcube is.

Edited by AureusVulpes

I think the problem is that Wyrm's CC special needs to literally knock enemies down, not stagger them. At the moment, most melee weapons (that i use) provide infinitely better CC with the jump attack than Wyrm could ever accomplish. The incredibly short stagger it currently achieves isn't really helpful as a CC move, unless it either knocked enemies down, or possibly had a lot wider range.

I think the problem is that Wyrm's CC special needs to literally knock enemies down, not stagger them. At the moment, most melee weapons (that i use) provide infinitely better CC with the jump attack than Wyrm could ever accomplish. The incredibly short stagger it currently achieves isn't really helpful as a CC move, unless it either knocked enemies down, or possibly had a lot wider range.

I would agree with this under most circumstances, but maining Frost, most times I am surrounded by Snow Globe, giving Crowd dispersion a serious duration modifier while allowing me to focus on other things (that dangerous Napalmer) that other frames might not have noticed yet. This might have something to do with why I didn't think it's a big issue. Looking at it from the perspective of other frames, I can see the short duration being very weak.

Edited by AureusVulpes

I main Frost and I simply Freeze heavies of all sorts if there is too much cannon fodder nearby. Provides ample time to sort out the small stuff. My point was more that if a melee weapon can do the job better at any given point in time, it's barely useful in any situation.

Only reason I use Wyrm is when leveling weapons and frames (precept removed to prevent it from shooting) because I don't want my sentinel killing things before I do with my specific weapon :P

Generally, I allow the rest of the party(who typically spam ults) take care of fodder in the immediate area, but that's somewhat off topic.

Back to the main thing: Wyrm's CC is sad atm. Crowd Dispersion knockdown would be cool, I agree. That could be one way of improving it.

Weapon ideas include shotgun, 0 recoil/spread with DERA bullet speed, and diverse targeting. anything else to add?