Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consumable Items And How To Improve Them Thread.(Now With More Innovative Ideas!)

grillv20

Lets have a discussion about the items that Tenno have available to them and how we use them. 

As it stands the current consumables list is kind of limited and some of them are even pretty useless. The way in which you buy these types of items are sort of a pain too. Items such as ammo boxes can be a pain in the butt to purchase 1 by 1 when you're going through tons of them, for example buying tons of shotgun ammo for your Sobek. It would be nice if we could buy multiple of a consumable at a time. Maybe we could even drag and drop these items into slots from our inventory to equip them faster between missions. Consumables should not be able to be replenished in the middle of a mission i.e. acquiring more grenades...unless they can do this without going crazy with it.

Items that could use reworking:

Ciphers: Do people even actually bother buying these?

Shield Restore: Currently they restore 150 shields even when they're depleted. Everybody knows this is worthless.  I think a decent idea would be to either give a bonus to maximum shield for a few minutes OR to give the Tenno constant shield regen even when shields drop to zero. Mods that boost shield recharge rate could become a lot more beneficial here.

Team Heal: Why even bother? When you're in the heat of battle and you can just resurrect somebody when they're down thats usually whats going to happen. Unless you're playing trinity and its your job to keep people up this is basically worthless. This power-up only gives everybody on your team 100 health anyways. Its pretty pointless, the only way to make this better would be for it to give a full health restoration.

Small and Large health restore: Merge both of these together and just make it a full heal.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additions to the system to further the depth of the game:

Change the format of the menu to something else besides the hold "q" and select what you want to use in a little box. I hate to suggest the stupid pie menu thing that so many other games use when porting between PC and console and vise versa but something a bit more visual is desired by many. Especially those that play with controllers. With a system like this in place, developers can start putting in cool new things like special accessories for the Tenno. 

Ciphers- Take these and use them to hack special doors that could be locking away rooms full of treasure. 

Special goggles- Think Predator vision from like the Alien Vs Predator movies, thermal vision and stuff of that nature.

EMP Grenades- disable electronics, corpus robots stuff like that, it would be fair in this system seeing as you only carry a limited amount.

Explosive Grenades- BOOM!!!

Gas Grenades- DIE!(slowly and quietly)

Batteries - Portable energy, DUH!

Grappling Hook- The devs have been speaking about this quite a lot and hooray for utilities!

"Ready" Key suggestions made by Loswaith

D-pad for selecting and using consumable items.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/82729-consumable-items-and-how-to-improve-them-thread/#entry904025

Thats all I can come up with at the moment! Lets come up with some more cool consumable items that we can purchase to maybe burn up some of these excess credits I'm sure tons of people are just hoarding.

Edited by grillv20

+1

These consumables could use a look over if not a total overhaul.

I have a hunch that DE probably does have some ideas to rework these consumables

but is probably not on their top priority list.

Offensive disposable items like a caltrop or a bear-trap/claymore mines might be something to consider

Fully agree with op. Currently incoming damage scaled way up, yet restoring items stayed the same.

Also where is the option to buy multiple items at once ? I got a hard time clicking to get 50 health packs

+1!

i hate dealing with consumables, in every way.

buying them is a pain in the &#!, equipping them, too. not to mention how you're supposed to use them: switch off the team hp window, switch on the inventory, hold key, find your pointer somewhere in the onscreen chaos and klick on the consumable.

SRSLY?

if there is some sort of a shortcut system i apologize and ask for a hint. ^^

on top of it, except the ammo boxes everything else is useless somehow, lacking in efficiency.

i support

-buying multiple consumables at once

-equipping by drag+drop

-deleting small medikits

-raising large medikits and group heals to full heals

-raising shield kits to a full recharge+boost in maximum shields or a recharge over time (about 20/s for 50s)

-if not implemented yet, using consumables by shift+(1-8)

-an inventory window not interfering with the group health window (optically→displacing, and technically→should be accessable despite grp hp window is open)

Edited by Jhakoon

While I like the ability to bring in the 8 items they are quite clunkey in execution, limited mostly to downtime and not in the heat of battle.

A sugestion to make it less clunky and more useful on the fly though with similare limitations:

Having a ready slot that will activate a consumable in the 'ready' slot when the key is pressed (say Q by default, since it opens that menu now).

While having a pair of keys for moving next to previous (- and + keys as default prehaps) to the select the 'ready' consumable item of the 8 you can bring into battle, or if the slot becomes empty it can move to the next one automatically.

This means that the consumable items would become useful on the fly but in the heat its allot harder to select the item you want if you dont have the slot prepared.

This could enable short durational items, that have say their own power source that could be turned on and even off (by activating the ready slot) using up the powersource of the item, untill its dead, and the item completly used up.

At the end of the day such a consumable slot could open up for hundreds of consumable items/power ups players can buy (with credits) or make (for small amounts of resources) that can add small universal equipment for tenno in the field.  Something like the grapling hook would fit well as part of that system too.

I'd recomend having the icon of the 'ready' item showing on screen too as an icon, so its something that can be quickly identified, though i wouldnt show all 8.

Edited by Loswaith