Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Drop, Even On Low Settings

Dauragin

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that is having this problem but, very recently, since the Harrow and Earth Remastered update, I've been getting really low fps. Before I would always get 70-90+ fps on any map, and when the game is under really heavy load, it goes down to 40-50 minimum. But now, I get 40fps whenever I'm with a squad, whether I'm hosting or not, and whether it's on high settings or low settings, it's the same. I only get up to 60-80fps when I'm playing the game in solo mode. The lowest I've gotten so far was 20+fps. This raised my curiosity as to what was happening with my gaming laptop, I checked everything, my drivers, my bios, and also altered some stuff in the intel extreme tuning utility. But still there was no difference in the game. Whether I'm on max settings with everything turned on, or low settings with every thing turned off, I'm still getting the same low fps rates whenever I play with a squad. Also when I'm in my ship, it seems like my graphics card is being utilized up to 100% because my temps whenever I'm playing never really got up to 80 degrees, but I've seen my temps go up to 87 degrees while in the ship. I've stress teted my graphics card, looked at everything, but still I don't think it's my graphics card's fault. I've seen other people with this problem here in the forums and I hope it can be fixed.

Here are the frame rates: (These are all taken with low settings, it's exactly the same with high settings on)

When playing SOLO:

b0eqRap.jpg

When playing with a squad:

7O5mKCX.jpg

When hosting a squad:

5xyLC8s.jpg

Anyone else experiencing this?

My setup:

Alienware 15 R3

i5-6300HQ @ 2.30 GHZ (2.70 GHz)

8.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 1060 6.00 GB

Edited by Dauragin

Just now, PrOF_k said:

Turning V-Sync on should fix the high gpu stress when in the ship, as seen here ↓

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/827757-constant-gpu-load-at-100-percent-when-in-warframes-lobby-ship/

I'm gaming with a controller, if I turn on V-Sync it will be really difficult to play the game as it gives a massive input lag and the game would be unplayable for me, and I've never had this problem before the Harrow/Earth update. I have had my Vertical Sync on the Nvidia Control Panel on "Fast" to prevent screen tearing and input lag. 

On the launcher which DirectX options do you have selected? Because I used to have an issue much like yours (though mine would get better after a minute or so in a squad but the first minute was particularly horrible) after Harrow update landed and I was using Directx9, when I selected both 10 and 11 on the launcher it fixed the FPS issue on a squad entirely (plus the game as a whole runs better, it seems DirectX9 on Warframe is reaching the breaking point).

That's just my case it might not apply to you but worth checking/trying.