Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Key Changes

Advanced-

In my personal opinion, $5 for a gamble of 5 keys that you might or might not need (What if you need 1 specific key/part out of the how much are there now...?) is way too risky for most people to justify spending that kind of money.

I have a simple idea that might or might not be better and more fair towards players while keeping the price/drop rates the same.

- Continue to sell/drop us get Void I,II,III keys as it is now.

- When we use a key, let it take us to some nodes (As in the same thing that planets have right now)

- From there we can pick of which nodes the players would like to do. Everything from exterminate to defense should be a node.

- Each Void key (I,II,III) will have its own nodes with its own levels.

This way we are given a bit more flexibility on what we want to do and would make our $5 feel a lot less like gambling and a lot more fair and justifiable.

I don't personally see a downside to this kind of system, but if that's what the forums are here for... discussion :)

Edited by Bboy500

they just want u to bankrupt.

Well, to be fair, they do have to earn money - Comparatively, this is actually an excellent F2P model - and this suggestion isn't actually about lowering the price - it is just giving more flexibility to all void key users.

Well, to be fair, they do have to earn money - Comparatively, this is actually an excellent F2P model - and this suggestion isn't actually about lowering the price - it is just giving more flexibility to all void key users.

...and therefore increasing the incentive to purchase as you're less likely to get screwed over.

Hek, maybe they could just make purchased keys behave like this.

Edited by Lumireaver

Mhm.

I understand DE needs money to keep developing, it's why I'm a founder :)

But if I, for example, only need a Barton Prime Barrel.... I would need to:

- Buy a Void Key Pack (- 75 Plat)

- Hope I get a Defense 3 or Capture 3 (Chances: 2 out of 5 per 75 Plat) (1st RNG)

- Then I need to get lucky and get the exact part I need (Chances: 1 out of 10-12 and not common) (2nd RNG)

- Then, If I don't feel like spending platinum or run out and still not have the item I need or am searching for a new one, I have a 2% Chance of getting a VOID key @ defense(1st RNG)

- Then I need to hope it's the right one for my needs(2nd RNG)

- Then I need to hope again, to get the actual item from the void run (3rd RNG)

---------------------------

It's just a lot of RNG =/ As a free player, it's really hard to get. As a paying customer, $5 is a good price but all the RNG that comes with it makes it a really risky move, to the point where even if I want to I can never justify doing so.

Edited by Bboy500

+1 to this idea. I imagine it would look something like the cannon thing from the trailer, that Vor used. I sort of imagine it being something like that. Buy X number of keys, when you "activate" it, you're taken to a room with that void opener cannon thing from the trailer, you walk up, use it, and then a little UI pops up and you can pick what tier of mission to go to. Just to add in some "Chance" to it how ever, I would have the mission types be run by RNG, So if you pick Tier 3, you have a chance of getting Exterminate, Mobile Defense, or Defence, not sure if there are T3 captures and apparently there are no T3 raids so...bleh.

Admittedly, I'd like to be able to pick the mission type, but something just says...no that won't work.